Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Feb 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrimouse
Excited about Disney

Question Water parks

The rest of the family want to do Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon this trip, I am not a water lover and not confident in the water, so will there be things I can do that I won't feel too out of my depth.

They will not go without me and I don't want to stop them going just because I am not keen on been in the water, I am getting a little anxious about going to the water parks as I really am not confident in the water and I know the rest of the family really want to go.

What do the rest of you do if you have a member of the party who is not water confident or keen on water parks?
Old 12 Feb 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kerrimouse View Post
The rest of the family want to do Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon this trip, I am not a water lover and not confident in the water, so will there be things I can do that I won't feel too out of my depth.

They will not go without me and I don't want to stop them going just because I am not keen on been in the water, I am getting a little anxious about going to the water parks as I really am not confident in the water and I know the rest of the family really want to go.

What do the rest of you do if you have a member of the party who is not water confident or keen on water parks?
We went to Blizzard Beach on our last trip and there were lots of places to enjoy the water or the beach without being in the thick of things as it were. There are even some small slides you might be ok with as they exit into shallow water where you can immediately stand. I don't love the water parks but the kids and hubby do so often I find a little spot where I can watch them
Old 12 Feb 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

I hate swimming but find the water parks so relaxing without having to join in with the rides.Find a quiet area to camp down and watch the world go by with a cold drink listening to the music you will love it!I even go in the lazy river and find I actually like it!I enjoy looking in the shops and finding characters to have my photo with while the others go on the rides.Have fun!😀
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would go to blizzard beach if I was you , plenty of places to just relax ( someone has to look after your belongings ) but there is the lazy river, places to paddle and some family rides with shallow water
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't enjoy waterparks either (I suffer the family raft ride but that's about it!). Hubby and daughters love them though so I spend lots of time on the lazy river, having a wander or finding a comfy spot to read my book whilst enjoying a snack and drink
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love the water park days, the kids and husband are off on all the rides and I lay on a sunbed all day reading my kindle! Only time of the holiday I get the time to read

The kids always think I am missing out going on the rides so keep coming back to check on me so I make sure I do the lazy river or wave pool with them 😃
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

My FIL didn't even get changed last time. He is not a fan of water either. He just enjoyed sitting on a sun lounger, watching the family play, reading his book and a paper, drinking coffee all day. If you don't mind water, but don't like to swim, some of the slides at TL are in a dingy (although of course there is always a risk you will fall out) and the pool is from zero so good for a paddle. There is also a very slow "lazy river", which is again on dingys, although you will likely get wet as there are fountains and waterfalls.

There is always the bar as well!

Edited at 03:33 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

The lazy rivers are fabulous even if you aren't confident in water. My elderly mil is a non swimmer but absolutely loved floating round in her tube. Fil didn't want to give it a try but was happy enough to sit with the paper and watch the world go by. He also had a paddle in the pool at TL, not the one with big waves but the smaller, shallower one near Crush'n'Gusher.
Old 12 Feb 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pew87
Getting Excited

Mobile

You can literally just switch off and camp out in typhoon lagoon, plenty of shallow wet areas if want to cool off without swimming in both parks, or you can just relax read or listen to music and use to switch off and chill. I would definiatly go even if don't want to swim as say so much you can do without actually swimming and or without even doing anything the areas are great for chilling out and letting everyone else do what they want to do, you all don't have to follow each other around the park I find at water parks you all just tend to disburse and do what each wants to do. Some want to do every water slide and ride going and wave pools etc and others just like lazy river all day and some just like a little stroll and and a lie down just make your own experience.
pew87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I don't know what it would feel like with a fear of water, but I do have a fear of heights and climbing up to the top of the slides is a bit of problem for me.

But, they are worth doing, I just have to try to focus on the people and not look out at the views.

For you getting up there will be OK but I guess getting on the ride will be hard. Many of them have rubber rings either single or double riders. On these you don't get dunked in the water at the end. You don't even get wet really.

As others have said the family raft rides are also good, and like the single and double ring rides you don't go into the water. The pool at the end is about 2 to 3 foot of water. They feel like they are bouncing you around but honestly you don't fall out of the rings.

Then there are the lazy rivers which are very relaxing.

The hardest part will be giving it a go. If you have someone you can trust try a double ring ride first, then maybe you feel like it is fun as they will look after you and maybe you will be able to try a single rider slide.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List