Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Feb 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Stuart31
Being a bit Goofy

Busy Day Guide

Morning All,

Just checking the Busy Day Guide as this is a very useful tool when building an itinerary for our trip in May.

Just wanted clarification on something, am I to check the actual date for last year as a comparison or do I need to look at the actual nearest day of the week last year for a true comparison. Just thinking that 4th May this year will be a different day to 4th May last year so may not be a true gauge in terms of how busy.

Cheers

Stu...
Stuart31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Isn't the Busy Day Guide already out for this May? It's out for September.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

The busy day guide has Mays there already, you just need to follow that, no need to compare it to last year as that's already been done for you
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Just follow the busy day guide that is already out for this May. We are there in May and I planned my stay in November using the current busy day guide.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stuart31
Being a bit Goofy

Hi All,

That isnt the question I am asking. I have been looking at the Busy Day Guide but wanted to know whether I should be comparing the 3rd May with the 3rd May or whether I should be looking at the actual days of this week as a comparison?
Stuart31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I know what you mean. We are going in April and I think the same thing. Comparing April 14th this year which is Good Friday but wasn't last year. I just go by what they have said for this year.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stuart31 View Post
Hi All,

That isnt the question I am asking. I have been looking at the Busy Day Guide but wanted to know whether I should be comparing the 3rd May with the 3rd May or whether I should be looking at the actual days of this week as a comparison?
I get what you mean but not sure why you want to do that? The busy day guide for this year will tell you the prediction for this May. Do you want to look at historical crowd figures? If so, then you wouldn't compare dates but compare days as you say.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Hi All,

I'm not going until August 2018 but as a rough idea I have looked at the busy day guide for August 2017 just to see what we would fit in and where.
I have gone by the actual day, so if we are there on Friday 17th August 2018 I have look at the busy day guide for Friday 18th August 2017

As soon as the 2018 days are announced I can then re-check what the busy days are predicted to be, should hopefully be minimal changes.

The things to be aware of will be when (if any) the public holidays fall, they will generally always be busy.
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Hi All,

I think I get what you mean but it has already been done in the new busy day guide.
For example Good Friday this year is 14th April, the busy day guide shows predictions for what it'll be like on Good Friday 2017.
This will be different to Thursday 14th April 2016 and Friday 15th April 2016 as Good Friday that year was 25th March.

I hope that makes sense and that I understand what you mean! Short answer is you don't need to look at last years unless you particularly want to
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you want to see the park recommendations for 3rd May 2017 then look at the entry for 3rd May 2017 (here). It's already there on the busy day guide and there's no need to compare to last year. In fact, comparing it to previous years is just going to make things confusing.

If you are trying to work out the recommendations for 3rd May 2018 then you are a bit early! However, as a very rough guess, compare the days of the week this year to those next year - i.e. for Thursday 3rd May 2018 have a look at Thursday 4th May 2017.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List