Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile 'Last minute' flight prices drop

We normally go around the last week of June (from Manchester) and take the boys out of school for the last week but it's our eldest sons last year before high school so didn't want to do that so we went in March/April this year.

I'm being really greedy here and keeping an eye on flight prices for during school summer holidays 'just in case' there are exceptional bargains lol

It's been many years since we've flew direct from Glasgow but the other day I had a nosey and spotted Thomson flight GLA-SFB 10th-24th July. For the 5 of us (2 of our boys are under 12) and adding on 3 20kg cases it was £1806. Just checked this morning and it's now down to £1531.

Anyone tracked the last minute flight prices in previous years and is it likely they could go any lower?

Our TC flights at Easter cost £1290 for the 5 of us so I'd be hoping to get closer to that price but maybe I'm being unrealistic as it's in the middle of Scottish school holidays!

~Louise x
lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They are all great prices, def worth watching, have you priced everything else so you know what you would be looking at? Failing that start thinking about next year!
Old 17 Jun 17, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lallan View Post
We normally go around the last week of June (from Manchester) and take the boys out of school for the last week but it's our eldest sons last year before high school so didn't want to do that so we went in March/April this year.

I'm being really greedy here and keeping an eye on flight prices for during school summer holidays 'just in case' there are exceptional bargains lol

It's been many years since we've flew direct from Glasgow but the other day I had a nosey and spotted Thomson flight GLA-SFB 10th-24th July. For the 5 of us (2 of our boys are under 12) and adding on 3 20kg cases it was £1806. Just checked this morning and it's now down to £1531.

Anyone tracked the last minute flight prices in previous years and is it likely they could go any lower?

Our TC flights at Easter cost £1290 for the 5 of us so I'd be hoping to get closer to that price but maybe I'm being unrealistic as it's in the middle of Scottish school holidays!

~Louise x
Its always a gamble, depending on seats available. The prices for premium, extra leg room seats, exit row seats etc availability is always a indicator of how full the flight is, but they this year Thomson seem to have amin they do not go below and that is a good price for 5.,so probably the bottom.
I suggest you also check the package deals with them, because at Easter they were much better than booking a flight only and I ended up booking a package, which I had thought I'd never do again. Worked out as getting the accomodation for the same price as other diy sites, but with the flights effectively thrown in for free!
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That's a crazy cheap price. I wouldn't be waiting, I'd be booking!
Old 17 Jun 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Connor999
Excited about Disney

Connor999's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going on 9th July and paid £2900 for 3 of us with Thomas Cook. I don't have the nerve to wait and always book when we return the previous year. Helps with the post-Florida Blues!

I would definitely book - that's a brilliant price for summer holidays from Glasgow.
Connor999 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Entirely up to you.

Personally, if I'd been happy at £1800, then saw it later at £1531 for 5 people during school holidays I'd have gone for it. £306 each including luggage during school holidays is a top deal.

Added to which it saves you the time and cost of driving down to Manchester with either train costs, or car costs, parking etc.

Of course you can hang fire to see if prices drop... equally they may increase or sell out. Given how much you'll end up spending in Orlando on hotels, parks, trips, food etc etc I don't see the point in seeing if you can perhaps save another £25-35 per person on an already rock bottom flight price.

However, all said and done , it's your money, your gamble, your decision.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just book it!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
At that price i wouldn't be hanging around i'd be booking. I can't see them going any lower than that

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Bear in mind with Thomson that you won't know until you've booked whether there are seats together for all of you ( if that's important)
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Bear in mind with Thomson that you won't know until you've booked whether there are seats together for all of you ( if that's important)
... and the longer they wait,the less likely they are to get 5 seats together.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List