Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Zeddykins
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile $200 gift card question

Hi All,
I know I need to collect the $200 gift card from Disney Springs. Does anyone know if I can collect my mums for her as well?
Although we have separate bookings, they're linked and apart from her name on the booking, everything else has been booked/sorted by myself.
Thanks
Zeddykins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think this is unlikely as you need to present photographic ID such as a passport.

Unless of course you look like mum

Disney332
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Just in case but if you have booked with virgin you have to collect it at the airport when you arrive, fail to do so and you forfeit it, I'm convinced I will forget it
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
samnbaz
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

we had two rooms booked and had to have the lead passenger from each room present with passport to collect them
samnbaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Zeddykins
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you all for your help on this.
Looks like it's a trip to Disney Springs for both mum and I early on in the trip. 😊
Zeddykins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Also you need a print of an e,ail sent to you with your booking to claim I don't think I ever got this but as I had, had some issues before we left and I am let's say persistent I showed them this email I had to forward to her in stores and she printed it was a hassle took 40 minutes
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Also you need a print of an e,ail sent to you with your booking to claim I don't think I ever got this but as I had, had some issues before we left and I am let's say persistent I showed them this email I had to forward to her in stores and she printed it was a hassle took 40 minutes
Just to say we booked direct with Disney, and they told me when I hadn't received any documents at all that I wouldn't actually need my email, or my voucher but just photo ID - and that they had a list at Disney Springs of "entitled" people. I don't know whether the list is just direct bookers though.

(Luckily I have since received an email, plus two copies of the booking package with the luggage labels etc!)
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
Just in case but if you have booked with virgin you have to collect it at the airport when you arrive, fail to do so and you forfeit it, I'm convinced I will forget it
I asked virgin live chat the other day about where to collect it (not going until next year), they said would be loaded on magicband... doesn't sound right at all. I've only ever heard of picking it up at MCO
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nicolaglasson View Post
I asked virgin live chat the other day about where to collect it (not going until next year), they said would be loaded on magicband... doesn't sound right at all. I've only ever heard of picking it up at MCO
I am sure that wouldn't be right - even Disney don't load the gift card onto your Magic Band and you would think they would do it for themselves if they were going to do it for anyone wouldn't you.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nic18076 View Post
I am sure that wouldn't be right - even Disney don't load the gift card onto your Magic Band and you would think they would do it for themselves if they were going to do it for anyone wouldn't you.
That's exactly what I thought. Would make sense, but like you say, sure disney would do it for their own direct bookings first.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List