Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Aug 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Slinky Malinki View Post
Happened late Decemberish last year and has been the only time it has happened.
As you say it has never happened before, will just have to wait and see if it happens again this year. Fingers crossed for everyone
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Slinky Malinki View Post
Happened late Decemberish last year and has been the only time it has happened.

Thank you!

I wouldn't be surprised if it does, the number of Brits going is down.

Fingers crossed sorta smiley
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm following this with interest as I am going to book our 2019 WDW trip DIY rather than as a package (which we've done twice so far). I am trying to work out when the best times are to book hotel (onsite), flights, tickets etc we will also want a dining package too. All seems a bit daunting right now but the package prices seem so expensive. I'm trying to follow and work out what people are doing for 2018 holidays so I can do the same for the following year!
Barley-Bobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Barley-Bobs View Post
I'm following this with interest as I am going to book our 2019 WDW trip DIY rather than as a package (which we've done twice so far). I am trying to work out when the best times are to book hotel (onsite), flights, tickets etc we will also want a dining package too. All seems a bit daunting right now but the package prices seem so expensive. I'm trying to follow and work out what people are doing for 2018 holidays so I can do the same for the following year!
It will depend on where you want stay, which dining plan you want, and most importantly for how many people you are booking.
If the free dining promo is the most beneficial one for you then you will likely be able to book in April. If you will spend less on food than the dining plan is worth (because they do inflate certain room prices to cover it) then a free nights promotion could be more beneficial, if there is one.
To be on the safe side you could book free dining in April for one person and if the free nights offer turns out to be better you can cancel the first reservation up to 8 weeks before arrival, pay the £50 fee to do that, and then book the free nights promotion.
If you are traveling off-season in the US (= not Christmas or Easter if I'm not mistaken) then a room-only booking in the US with UK tickets could be the cheapest.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

It would be 20th August for 14 nights. We'd probably go for the free dining as both times so far we have done the deluxe dining, so April next year would be the best time to book that? We have only stayed at the Poly, so if that costed in, we'd go back there...though they have hiked their price up, so poss WL or YC or? There will be 2 Adults and 1 12 year old. Am I best to book the tickets through Disney directly at the same time and then just book the flight separately? Sorry for so many questions 😕
Barley-Bobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If you want free dining you have to book your tickets at the same time.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

If you want the free dining you will have to pay for your tickets when you book and they will be full price. They went back to full price when dining plan offer was due to start.

The reduced price was only for this years tickets too so I couldn't have bought for 2018. If they do it again, got everything crossed , it will be 2018 tickets only. IMO. Praying they do it!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

Okidoki, thanks for the advice. Is optimum time to book the day the free dining is released or do they alter the prices (maybe lower) in the following weeks?
Old 29 Aug 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Me too😀😀😀
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

This year they allowed pre-bookings starting April 6th if I'm not mistaken, stating they would be confirmed later on. We didn't book then so maybe someone else can explain the specifics. As far as I know the prices do not change, but the lower room categories fill up quickly so if you wait too long you may end up having to pay more for a room with a view.

You seem to know exactly what you want already, so I think you'd be best off booking when free dining is released. You can book for one person only to minize the deposit or the loss in case another offer comes which is better.

If the value of free DDP + the gift card (assuming the offer will be the same) is more than the cost of two nights + potentially 25% off tickets then free dining is your best bet, if it's less then a free nights + discounted tickets would be best. But the problem is that you won't find out until free dining ends and another offer potentially begins, at which point room availability could be an issue.

For a 2018 booking it would look like this assuming the promotions are:
1. free dining + $200 gift card + 14 days for 7 or
2. 12 + 2 free nights and 25% off tickets.

Option 1: £1665.58 + $200 value (DDP £49.99x2x14 + £18.99x14)
Option 2: £1358.25 value (2 free nights: £532x2 and 25% off (£399x2 + £379)

Based on the promotions I assumed above, but which are obviously not garanteed, free dining would be better value for a stay at the Poly for 14 nights in 2018. You would still have to pay to upgrade to deluxe dining.

Edited at 10:36 PM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List