Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

CRT or Akershus

What’s everyone’s opinions on these two? can’t decide between the two hit me with your pro’s and con’s please
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It depends. My experience is of both for breakfast, twice for each. CRT as a one off experience is better, especially if you have young daughters like I do. It's very magical. Personally I believe the food is better at Akershus though. Also factor in cost, cheaper at Akershus and only 1 ddp credit to CRT two credits.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We have done both, CRT for luch and dinner, Akershus for lunch and dinner. Although it is a 2 credit meal at CRT(no tip also) we much prefer Akershus. We found the staff at CRT quite rude on both occasions, rushing us, or taking ages to bring drinks/meals. Maybe we were just unlucky, but I felt it might be because they are not waiting for a tip, could be they were just busy, but not the most magical experience for us. Akershus food is delish and plentiful, characters seem less rushed, nice location. Half the credits.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I have to agree with the other two comments above. Akershus was hands down better than CRT. Interaction was better food was better. That said if you have never done CRT you may want to do this just once. My family personally felt rushed, princess came in one after the other not our cup of tea really.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post

We have never done either also we are paying Oop so want to get the best experience?
Old 13 Feb 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lpt71 View Post
We have never done either also we are paying Oop so want to get the best experience?
The general opinion on CRT is do it once, suck up the cost (either cash or x2 DDP credits) and make the most of it for the ‘inside the castle’ experience.

Ultimately, I’d save both cash or DDP credits and go to Akerhus where we’ve always felt very welcome and never rushed. The inside of Akerhus is beautiful as well, it’s only drawback is it isn’t in the castle but having done our CRT meal we’d choose Akerhus every time.
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We have done both, CRT for luch and dinner, Akershus for lunch and dinner. Although it is a 2 credit meal at CRT(no tip also) we much prefer Akershus. We found the staff at CRT quite rude on both occasions, rushing us, or taking ages to bring drinks/meals. Maybe we were just unlucky, but I felt it might be because they are not waiting for a tip, could be they were just busy, but not the most magical experience for us. Akershus food is delish and plentiful, characters seem less rushed, nice location. Half the credits.
Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
I have to agree with the other two comments above. Akershus was hands down better than CRT. Interaction was better food was better. That said if you have never done CRT you may want to do this just once. My family personally felt rushed, princess came in one after the other not our cup of tea really.
I personally have to agree with these comments too. We really didn’t enjoy our experience at CRT. We went for a girly lunch with my grandson and nieces and apart from one cast member who went out of their way to help us with the baby we felt it was kind of meh and sadly won’t return.

Food was just OK. Rushed,and just didn’t feel magical at all to us. The Princesses did sign and pose for photos but not as much interaction compared to our two experiences at Akershus on previous visits. The photopass photographer with Cinderella was so rude to families including us and made us feel it was an inconvenience and when my 4 year old niece spoke to Cinderella for longer than 30 seconds the photographer actually sighed and glared at me.

I had always wanted to eat here and feel disappointed I wasnt blown away by our experience.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm obviously in the minority here but I much preferred our visit to CRT than Akershus. I can't do a direct comparison because we had breakfast at Akershus and dinner at CRT.

Maybe we were unlucky but our table in Akershus was cramped, the food was just okay and the princesses didn't have much time for us. On the contrary, we had a great table near the window at CRT, it was relaxed, the food was delicious and the princesses were really wonderful with the children. In fact we enjoyed CRT so much that we gave our server a tip even tho it's already included.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We haven't been to Akershus but had breakfast at CRT in April 2017 with our 3 girls 8, 6, and 4. It was wonderful! ThE girls wore their princess dresses and Aurora spent a long time chatting to Dd who was wearing an aurora dress. Each princess came out with a fanfare and took their time around the tables. Our server was very nice the food was great. Meeting Cinderella beforehand was a nice experience. The interior is lovely. We were there well over an hour and did not feel rushed at all. We were very pleased with the whole experience. If you have princess fans then I think it's a must do as a one off. Simply due to the cost we wouldn't go again but I'm glad we did.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I have only been to CRT, also this was as two adults. We did not feel rushed at any time and did not see anybody else being rushed.

The photo op with Cinderella moved at the right speed, it is primarily for photographs not interaction and needs to move at a reasonable pace because people are wanting to get to their table.

The princess interaction at the table seemed about right too, a bit less time with us because we were two adults and don’t want to chat to princesses but we don’t mind getting a few photos and we felt they spent the right amount of time with us. We also observed that they spent decent amount of time with others, although one or two took no notice of the boy at the next table and only focused on the girl, but we saw he was pleased when a princess did interact with him.

I wanted to eat in the castle and we got a great table, but I didn’t think there was really anything special about the dining area. Tables are cramped together, it was breakfast so full lighting and there was nothing memorable about it.

Service was appalling. It took me well over twenty minutes to get a cup of tea which I don’t think is acceptable considering this was a breakfast sitting. asked four separate people for tea and twice got up from my seat and crossed the room to do so before I was finallly able to persuade somebody to bring tea. The food otherwise was fine, nothing special but fine and met expectations.

I have never been to Akershus but it has a better menu and is more realistically priced for what it is.

Edited at 08:35 AM.