Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 09, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

VVVery disappointed

Hi

We got our "tickets" yesterday, but I can't say that I am reeaaalllyy happy about it. We ordered it from charter travel, service was good, everybody recommended it, we even paid the 3.5% c/c fee just to order from a respectable, reliable, british company.
Not any time during our order did anyone mention that we only gonna get vouchers! I wanted to order the tickets upfront not just because it's cheaper also because I don't want to queue. But I still ended up having to queue.
Has it always been like this?
How long does it take to get the tickets? Are there long queues? Is there a separate booth for just pick-ups or we need to stand in the normal queue?
Has anyone ever had any problems not getting the tickets you paid for?

Thanks for your help
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Hmm there has been quite a few complaints about Charter travel in the last week or so!
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
:angry: i would not be happy with vouchers can you get a refund :angry: atd dont charge credit card fees and you get real tickets and the price match
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

The thing is I don't have time to run around now. We are going in two weeks time. I ordered it ages ago, but the said they only send it two weeks before departure time. I guess I know the reason why.
I don't want any stress anymore. Probably will try and go to the parks on the day we arrive just to collect the tickets so we are ready to go the next morning.
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I don't have any problems with vouchers. We just take the voucher to Downtown Disney and exchange them. Sorry can't comment on Charter Travel as I haven't used them before.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
The mul
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
:angry: i would not be happy with vouchers can you get a refund :angry: atd dont charge credit card fees and you get real tickets and the price match
Unfortunaltly, attraction tickets direct dont price match voucher ticket prices, I got my tickets from charter travel, I did phone ATD first though and asked what price they sold there 14 ultimate tickets for and the lady on the phone told me the price, but it was higher than charter travel, so I told her the price that charter were selling there tickets for, but she said that it was vouchers and not real tickets and she would not price match charter travel .
I would prefer real tickets, but at the end of the day i got mine for Ł740 for the 4 of us with charter travel and recieved my letter from them with a reciept for full payment of the tickets and I will get my voucher about 2 - 3 weeks before my holiday, I can honestly say that I have had no issues with charter travel and the service from them was good.
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Where in Downtown Disney do you exchange your tickets?
What about the Orlando Flexi Ticket?
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Splash Mountain
Serious Dibber

Splash Mountain's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would be very annoyed, but with 2 weeks to go theres not alot you can do. Id take it as a learning curve. I know its not much help but wish the best and NO QUEUES!
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

We have only ever had vouchers from Virgin and have never had a problem.

If it's a Disney voucher just exchange it at guest services/relations of the first park you go to and if it's Universal/Flex ticket you can do the same.

Don't stress about it or it will spoil the next two weeks.
You should have no problems at all so just forget about it and enjoy the build up and have a great holiday.

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 09, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There should be no need to queue to exchange your vouchers, you don't need to go to the ticket booth (where there will be a queue), just take them to Guest services and they will exchange them there. Guest Services shouldn't have a queue.

There is a Guest Services at DTD, it's near the Toy Shop.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread