Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 11, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Cupcake's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks again for those that posted on this thread, still looking at the possibility of going next year so as it's suddenly dawned on me that 2013 is the year DS will do SATs in May and start secondary school in September so it would limit when we can go.

So based on the prices Walt4it gave that would equate to about £80 each to upgrade is that about right? Cos if so it would be a good deal surely, even without water parks! Hmmm decisions! Need to find me a good deal first!

One other thing, do we have to upgrade on the frist day of holiday i.e. 12th october 2010 and would the AP then run out on 12th Oct too?
Old 27 May 11, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

bump - did anyone get any confirmation in an email from disney in the end?

About 6 months ago, I emailed asking about upgrading the Ultimate 21day pass to a Premium Annual Pass, but the email I had back just said to ring the customer service number instead.

Would much prefer something in writing.

Thinking of booking 3 weeks in May at a disney hotel for the all in package, and then another 3 weeks at the back end of september using the hopefully-upgraded tickets.

I'm looking at prices now for the PAPs though, but am guessing that if I was to buy one now/soon, that the tickets would start from near the date purchased rather than next year when plan to use it for the first time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 11, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I emailed Disney (well, used the contact page from earlier) and this was their basic reply

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

While we appreciate your interest, upgrades to the exclusive UK Disney's
Ultimate Ticket is not offered. For further information or assistance
with Hotel Accommodations or Hotel and Ticket packages, please call our
Disney Experts on 0870 24 24 900.
so looks like a no is the official line
Old 31 May 11, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi forgot to post my response to the question re tickets being upgraded. I have posted my question as well. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your email in regards to upgrading your tickets.

Yes, you can upgrade your tickets' value towards an annual pass at the Guest Relations Desk at one of the four Main Theme Parks. #This cannot be done at the resort or at the Down Town Disney locations. #Your dining plan will not be affected when you upgrade your tickets, as you will be upgrading after you receive your tickets upon checking into your resort.

You can if you choose to "stretch" your annual pass 13 days, by getting your annual pass after using up to the 13th day on your 14 Day Ultimate Ticket. #The pricing for the cost of the 14 Day Ultimate Ticket will still apply, as it is not based on the number of days left on them.

Keep in mind, Walt Disney Travel Company UK does not recognize your Annual Passes. #If want to book a dine plan package within the time you have an annual pass, you will have to book through Walt Disney Travel Company USA and pay in US Dollars.

We look forward to your making a lifetime of memories while playing in our Parks this summer!

Sincerely,

Bev
Disney Reservations Center
Guest Services Department

-----Original Message-----
From: Disney Online Support UK [mailto:customer.support.london@disney.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:51 AM
To: WDW DRC WDTC UK
Subject: Upgrading tickets

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

We are visiting WDW this summer and have purchased 14 day ultimate
tickets. #We are also looking to return next year and are now
considering annual passes. ##Is it possible to upgrade our tickets to
annual passes at guest services on arrival in Florida. ##We bought the
14 day tickets in order to purchase the dining plan, so would you also
let us know how this would be effected.
Old 31 May 11, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

interesting how the 2 replies differ.

I noticed however that mine is

Sincerely,
Audrey Lorenz
WDW Online Communications
whereas yours is from

Bev

I contacted them through this link here/ to get my response...which I would have thought would be more helpful than a UK one, being possibly based in US. The wording on my reply though could be read though as if the replier possibly misread the question as if I was upgrading TO the ultimate pass... though I clearly asked about going from Ultimate to an AP or PAP.

I may try to email the same address as in your post and see what response I get this time. Annoying though, as the current special offers for next year (staying at disney hotel / DDP / $300 card etc) end in a few days, so running out of time to book

Edited at 06:08 PM.
Old 31 May 11, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

The email address I used was on the uk Disney site contact us link. I think the us Market is less geared towards uk tickets being upgraded, and then just issues a no. Which is why I contacted uk site. Maybe copy and paste my email and take it with you, you could fill in your details.
Old 31 May 11, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I more or less just have.

Used the customer.support.london@disney.co.uk email address, just changed your email slightly .

One thing bugging me now tho! (non-related)... even though the disney site says that the offers are valid during may 2012, whenever I go through as if to book, it wants to charge for the DDP instead of free. Same on the virgin website. however if I try Sept 2012 it works fine. grrrr
Old 3 Jun 11, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post

well I received a reply from the same people as yourself.

This was there response So frustrating!

Now I'm leaning towards just booking a non-disney hotel, and just buying an AP when I'm there... will be cheaper than the current deals at disney hotels with the DDP packages anyway (and can be more selective)..hence the reason having to have a ticket in the first place to get the DDP option on

Dear Paul,

It is not possible to upgrade a Walt Disney World 21 day Ultimate ticket to an Annual Pass. The Annual Pass may be purchased online and must be paid in US dollars. You may view the US ticket options online by going to disneyworld please scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select the International Version US English, this will bring you to the US site. This would be a separate ticket order. You may print the confirmation page after the booking, and take it to the “Will Call” window at any of Disney’s Four Theme Parks to redeem your actual tickets. You will be required to show valid identification such as a driving license or passport to collect the tickets. Ticket prices are subject to change without notice.

Also, in order to get the Dining Plan you would have to purchase a Passholder Dining Package in US Dollars. Otherwise, a ticket must be purchased to get the Dine Plan.

Kennedy,
Disney Reservation Center Guest Services
Old 3 Jun 11, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm still hoping to be able to do this...may email myself and see what reply we get
Old 9 Jun 11, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi all,

Just to let you know I had a response to my query too and its good news (again from Bev ...

Thank you for your email in regards to ticket pricing upgrade to Annual Passes.

The only way you can you can upgrade your Ultimate Tickets and pay the difference, is in person at one of the four main theme parks. They can be "traded-in" for the upgrade process to the Premium Annual Passes. The US Dollar value of the Tickets can be applied to a Premium or an Annual Pass and you would pay the difference in US Dollars.

Here's a useful tip: You can trade in your tickets for annual passes as long as you have at least one day remaining on your tickets for one of the four Main Theme Parks admission. What this means for you; you can use up to 20 Days on your tickets and on the 21st day, you can purchase your Annual Pass. This extends your actual anniversary date by 20 days as opposed to when you had arrived, 20 days earlier. You may find this beneficial for your next visit.

We look forward to your playing in our parks starting this weekend making a lifetime of memories!

Sincerely,

Bev

I'm printing the email to take as we speak as we are off in a few hours to the airport!
Closed Thread

Tags
upgrading ultimates