Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 11, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

crazy - seems very hit and miss who you get!

did you email with the same link and email address as I did ?

I think I'll copy one of these emails, and just change the address info, and take it when its time for me to go. Does make me wonder though, how many times at the actual kiosk/booths you'd be told no, before you get a yes too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 11, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I upgraded 21 day ultimate tickets to Premium APs last year at Guest services at MK. We upgraded near to the end of our holiday but I'm pretty sure they are only valid until a year after we first used our original Ultimate tickets, rather than threats we upgraded iyswim.

X

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 11, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
crazy - seems very hit and miss who you get!

did you email with the same link and email address as I did ?

I think I'll copy one of these emails, and just change the address info, and take it when its time for me to go. Does make me wonder though, how many times at the actual kiosk/booths you'd be told no, before you get a yes too
Yes I did pinch the email address you posted but when I had a reply it had been forwarded on to the very helpful Bev
Old 10 Jun 11, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I wonder what gave you the magic luck to get it forwarded on to Bev.

We go in May next year, but would like to then upgrade and go in Sept/Oct if it works out... but at same time contemplating saving the money for going the Sept the year afterwards instead (that way the theming of parades etc should have changed again)

Guess I'll end up printing out a faux email and taking it in case decide for definate.

Hope you're having a crackin' good time over there
Old 5 Jul 11, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've asked her to confirm this reponse, but I have had the following today:

Regrettably, the 14 day premium tickets provided as part of your Walt Disney Travel Company UK reservation are not upgradable in any way.

Regards,

Diana Jo
Guest Services
Old 5 Jul 11, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pxxuk View Post
Hi all,

Just to let you know I had a response to my query too and its good news (again from Bev ...

Thank you for your email in regards to ticket pricing upgrade to Annual Passes.

The only way you can you can upgrade your Ultimate Tickets and pay the difference, is in person at one of the four main theme parks. They can be "traded-in" for the upgrade process to the Premium Annual Passes. The US Dollar value of the Tickets can be applied to a Premium or an Annual Pass and you would pay the difference in US Dollars.

Here's a useful tip: You can trade in your tickets for annual passes as long as you have at least one day remaining on your tickets for one of the four Main Theme Parks admission. What this means for you; you can use up to 20 Days on your tickets and on the 21st day, you can purchase your Annual Pass. This extends your actual anniversary date by 20 days as opposed to when you had arrived, 20 days earlier. You may find this beneficial for your next visit.

We look forward to your playing in our parks starting this weekend making a lifetime of memories!

Sincerely,

Bev
Disney Reservations Center
Guest Services Department

I'm printing the email to take as we speak as we are off in a few hours to the airport!
Hi PXXUK - did you manage to upgrade when you were there? And if so how much was it?
thanks
Old 5 Jul 11, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Belle's Mum,

Well, I was going to but we had a major problem trying to collect our tickets. We had a voucher provided via First Choice from AttractionWorld for our 2 day Ultimates. On the first evening I queued at Guest Relations but was unable to collect the tickets because I forgot my ID... duhhh! So, the following morning I joined a very long queue at HS only to be told after an hour and a half that the voucher wasn't being recognised. I of course was extremely upset and angry, and having queued for that long in 102 degree heat, wasn't in the mood to mess around. We had to be issued one day park hopper tickets by Disney until the system was able to be fixed to read the barcode

Long and short was that we weren't able to collect our tickets for over a week after arriving, at which point, we had already been to most of the parks and were quite fed up with having to queue each day at guest relations outside of the parks to have tickets re-issued... there were a lot of other angry people queuing for the exactly the same reason at both Disney and Universal! One of the reasons I wanted the AP was to save on parking costs, which obviously we had to pay each day because of the massive fluff up with our ticket collection.

On the plus side, when I was explaining to the lady on our first day that my intention was to upgrade to the AP, obviously before we found out my voucher wasn't working, she was quite happy to do it! I did have the email evidence ready too but she didn't want to see it...
Old 10 Jul 11, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

just wondered if anyone who has managed to get a reply from Bev would be prepared to share the email...I have mailed her but not had a reply.
Old 29 Jul 11, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

have now had a reply with a yes it can be done...have printed off and ready to hit guest services with it if needed!
Old 30 Jul 11, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandomad
slightly serious Dibber

Orlandomad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi guys, great thread. We are thinking of upgrading our 14 Day Ultimate ticket to an Annual Pass as we are going this year and next. Can someone confirm my understanding below please?

Staying on-site this year so 14 day ultimate will be part of our Room key along with DDP
We can upgrade to an AP at any time during our 14 day stay as long as there is 1 day left on the 14 day pass
If we upgrade our room key will have the 14 Day Ultimate element removed and we'll be given Annual Pass tickets?
Our DDP will remain unaffected?

About right?

Tags
upgrading ultimates