Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 13, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sunshinetours View Post
Yes mine tracked in Feb but not verified and definitely not yet paid so this won't pay out

Will buy real tickets from someone now
you might be better off just using quidco and going through the wdw uk site, you'll still get 2% cashback off the ticket price and that way you cut out the middleman.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Also try emailing the travel journalist, Simon Calder, at simoncalder@hotmail.com - he is fairly quick to reply to his emails.

The 0330 number replaces their 0871 number and unless you get calls to 0330 numbers included in your package you are likely paying around 10p a minute to ring them. I took a peek on saynoto0870 and they came up with an alternative number that they say works from the UK - 020 3024 8211.

You may also now find your Quidco cashback will also be cancelled by Expedia, even if you did go ahead and take their alternative extortionate offer.

I haven't, and won't, use Expedia since my brother had terrible problems with them regarding flights he booked via their website.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cashell
Getting to know the DIBB

Am I correct in thinking that everyone, who has had tickets cancelled so far, booked through a cashback site?

It looks like we all have to book tickets elsewhere but I would like to somehow communicate with Disney to inform them about this as I am sure they would not be impressed that Expedia are informing a large number of WDW visitors that their tickets have been cancelled by them.
cashell is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cashell View Post
Am I correct in thinking that everyone, who has had tickets cancelled so far, booked through a cashback site?

It looks like we all have to book tickets elsewhere but I would like to somehow communicate with Disney to inform them about this as I am sure they would not be impressed that Expedia are informing a large number of WDW visitors that their tickets have been cancelled by them.
As you say cashell, there is definitely a rabbit off somewhere.

Good luck with it - and try Simon Calder too, nothing to lose by running the situation by him.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
use the wdw customer services email perhaps? Here are a few to try:

Try this one first:
WDW.DRC.WDTC.UK@disney.com

wdwdrcwdtcuk@email.disney.com

guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.comWDW.D...K@dis ney.com
customer.support.london@disney.co.uk

and disney usa

disneyworld.disney.go/contact/ (apparently as of Nov 10 the best one to use is the ticket enquiry question in the dropdoqwn menu)

but if the original ticket cost was £240 per ticket, Disney may well have stepped in as they won't allow underselling?

Edited at 12:04 AM.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tink_magic
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
This is terrible and definately sounds like its been done to save them money due to he dollar rate. There is an expedia us and expedia uk facebook site, already a post on the us one but not on uk one yet

Florida is the place to be
Visited in Jan 93 , Sept 93 , Apr 96 , May 97 , Oct 97 , Oct 98 , Aug 99 , Dec 00 , Dec 03 , Dec 04 , Dec 06 , Dec 07 , Dec 08 , Oct 11 ,
tink_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I think this is absolutely shocking esp for those of you who haven't got long before you fly out. We have previously bought our WDW tickets in this way from Disney & Virgin but due to the vast price increase over the last 5/6 years we've started to shop around for them. Last year we bought e-tickets from Florida Escapes as they were the cheapest around at the time of purchase. We've since bought real tickets from them for this year and again they were the cheapest. They're not on Quidco but at lease we've got our actual tickets and for the cheapest price around. When ordering their website said they should be with us in around 18days however they arrived by royal mail special delivery after just 10days. Hope this is of help to you all in re-purchasing your tickets :-)
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post

I just got the same email, our 14 day ultimate tickets have been cancelled, and Expedia will kindly let me rebook at the increased price of £50 more than I paid 3 months ago . So they bank our money ,earn interest and then refund us ,on tickets that cant be cancelled, total disgrace. !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I have just had the email also.
To my extreme disapointment I had origionaly booked through ATD and reserved my tickets for £30 deposit. Upon seeing the Expedia deal with cashback I cancelled with ATD and booked with them and paid in full, and lost my deposit
How can they possibly say that WDW is not honouring these tickets?
This is obviously a way for them to get out of their T&C's and pull the deal.
They still have this product on offer at an increased price.
Absolutely shocking customer service.
They've had my money for nearly 2mths they will not be getting it back.
Off to book elsewhere.:angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

I booked my universal tickets with them also through quidco and paid in full. It would not surprise me if I also get an email cancelling my order. What about someone who misses the email (people do) will they turn up and the voucher is not valid?
Get posting on their facebook page everyone... name and shame !
Debs
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread