Old 7 May 15, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chrisbrad View Post
Hi Bill,

I just wanted to apologise on behalf of Attraction Tickets Direct for any unnecessary stress we have caused you in relation to your ticket purchase with us this year. We really appreciate your feedback and although your experience was not a positive one, it will help us improve, so thanks for sharing it.

As many Dibbers have pointed out, the request made by our admin team was in relation to fraud. Unfortunately we do get targeted and as a result, we do have to be vigilant against this. The aim is to protect both our customers and ourselves against fraudulent transactions. Its a difficult balance though because 99 times out of 100 when a booking is flagged as being a 'non-match', the purchase is genuine. If that 1 booking does slip through the net though and its to a value of say £1000, we need to sell around £20,000 worth of tickets just to recoup that loss.

Its a difficult conversation to have with customers as we dont want to imply that a booking may be fraudulent, as often it is not. That is why from time to time we ask for some proof of identity. Often when we do that (and it is a fraudulent booking), the customer 'disappears' and we just refund the card. In your case, the communication around this was not handled well by us and for this we apologise.

As a result of your post, we have reviewed our procedures around fraud this morning and have changed our processes. That doesn't mean that we won't need to question occasional transactions, but it does mean that we will handle these in a much more positive way.

We pride ourselves in the service we offer and the company's success has been built on this principle. It hurts us all when we let a customer down and although it thankfully only happens occasionally, one bad experience is always one too many.

I believe that you should have received your tickets by now so thank you again for raising your concern, please accept our apologies for the poor service you experienced on this occasion, and may we wish you a fantastic holiday.

Chris Bradshaw
Director
Attraction Tickets Direct
Well done Chris. Nice to see a company acknowledging things weren't quiet correct and could have been handled better even if their intentions were for the greater good. Communication is everything.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 15, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

A very nice, humble and informative reply from Chris. And unusually these days, a very public apology.

I will continue in future to use ATD, as I have found their service faultless in the past.

I found it fascinating that Chris, in asserting that a £1000 fraud loss will take £20,000 of new orders to get back is more or less stating that the margin made by a very large scale ticket provider is 5% give or take. I believed that it would be a lot higher!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 15, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Wow, always rated ATD but this raises the bar even higher ... It's how a company deals with its issues and complaints that's the true measure of its worth.

We live in a world where there are constant threats from scammers, I work in boat sales and believe me it's constant ... As a company you don't wish to offend the good guys but you do need protocol to protect your profits and the people you represent.

Good old fashioned personal customer service ... The way it should be.

Spot on Chris

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by springwell31 View Post
I have not had the experience with this company before however what i can say is that i work for a fraud dept of a large credit card company. normally if the delivery address is different from the billing address the card should of declined in the first place as details do not match. it seems to me like the company are just checking you out to make sure that the transaction is genuine before they send the tickets out... i suppose they have to cover themselves as if this turned out to be fraud then they would lose the tickets and then be charged back by their bank thus losing out twice...
i know its not what you want to hear by just thought i would give another explanation.
anyhow hope you get your tickets or refund soon. xx
I would imagine they were slightly suspicious for whatever reason and wanted to test the water by requesting further information.
We do this regularly. (we don't request utility bills)
Usually my fraud radar is spot on and they don't reply or they reply angrily which is also a telltale sign.

It's definitely an inconvenience and a bit frustrating but they are not obliged to send to an address other than the cardholder address.

They should refund you promptly though.

I've only used them once but had no problems. They did send to my work address but I had been emailing Stephanie there from work so I guess that might have been sufficient confirmation?

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Edited at 06:38 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done ATD (I bought my tickets from them and was very happy). I still can't help but think that if the OP had sent them the info all would have been good. If he didn't send the info (didn't reply or refused) what would he expect ATD to think about the situation...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad to see a company taking fraud seriously ! I will be booking my tickets through them next year as I have done on our previous holidays ,quite honestly I would not have been annoyed by this they were protecting your card and themselves from fraud and their transactions are not only a few pounds worth they are a lot of money !
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by misterh View Post
Well done ATD (I bought my tickets from them and was very happy). I still can't help but think that if the OP had sent them the info all would have been good. If he didn't send the info (didn't reply or refused) what would he expect ATD to think about the situation...
I agree, I have purchased from ATD before and would again, I would rather they take fraud seriously😎
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread