Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I don't think they are sold out yet. I just think they haven't released them at this point. The page has only just gone live.
Oh no actually hadn't thought about that! Was on my rant about the world and just looked quickly and thought OMG! I wont be paying as think its completely mad - same as the "after hours" when its not even like MNSSH or MVMCP where its a specific event. MONEY MONEY MONEY keeps going through my head today and I don't like it. Sat with my family today at lunch and admitted this is the first year I feel disheartened about everything thats been going on and I've been going to Disney for almost 30 years. My parents have been moaning for years about how much Disney had started getting money hungry but I've been defending them. Now I'm not sure I can in light of this. Sad sad day in the Adams house I'm afraid. And before anyone says it yes this is definitely a first world problem but I can still moan a little.
Old 6 Apr 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney have really lost the plot to me. We've been visiting 27yrs and this is the first time I've ever considered not returning. I'm sure my absence at the parks won't affect them one bit but their greed is just so off putting.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

People saying just do rope drop.. what rope drop, with emh and special events there will be fewer and fewer days where there will be a regular, ordinary park opening, getting there early will mean people already being there.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I was going to book my FP for MK tomorrow (30 day point) for 7th May. Busy day guide suggested MK would be quiet. May change my whole holiday plans now, but if lots of people think that it will change how busy other parks get too. Should I just stick with it if I can FP the rides I want?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It certainly won't be as busy as an EMH day as the amount of people will be limited. They could not feed that many in the one restaurant.

So in that regard I don't think it will change the busy day guide. We will have to wait and see the results.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Squeeze "em" until they bleed!

Got to hand it to Disney for rippping people off, err I mean maximising business potential!

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
People saying just do rope drop.. what rope drop, with emh and special events there will be fewer and fewer days where there will be a regular, ordinary park opening, getting there early will mean people already being there.
Agreed, it will be more challenging to fit one in as there will be less of them and they will be busier.

My point was more towards the lack of value I see in the event. People will be paying for something that was always available to them for no additional cost via rope drop

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Our day 1 is May 7th
All roads would ordinarily lead to MK & we have a breakfast ADR at be our guest.

I really don't know what to do now
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

What next,
Paying to meet the characters.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
What next,
Paying to meet the characters.
Sorry forgot we already do that its called admission price.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List