Old 30 May 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Being practical.

I've always thought if no free dining was available then we do a Value Resort to make use of the benefits of being onsite. We stopped off at All star Music once and had a look and thought it looked great. This was however when my daughters were younger. I looked at a youtube of All Stars yesterday and loved how it all looked until the room tour. Two teenage daughters, me and DW in the room, not sure its practical anymore for a two weeks. A moderate with free dining and giftcard makes it seem more manageable.

So offsite might be our best bet if no free dining is around. Can anyone give me some examples of some apartment places? I've had a look at Lake Buena Vista Resort and looking for similar types. Will be driving but don't want miles away if possible.

PS Villa holidays aren't for us, we like resorts.

Thanks

Edited at 01:25 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Would you consider Universal? We had a night in a suite at Cabana Bay last year and it was brilliant! Blew the socks off Disney value accommodation. Brilliant pool with a lazy river too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Would you consider Universal? We had a night in a suite at Cabana Bay last year and it was brilliant! Blew the socks off Disney value accommodation. Brilliant pool with a lazy river too
We normally stay at Universal for a few days to make use of the express passes but not for the whole holiday although we love Cabana Bay so its something I may look at. I guess price wise its in the middle of a value and moderate at Disney but a slightly bigger room than a value.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Would an All Star Family suite be big enough? I agree the normal rooms do not look comfy for a family! One person per bed manageable...
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
Would an All Star Family suite be big enough? I agree the normal rooms do not look comfy for a family! One person per bed manageable...
I've had a look at those but too pricey!
Old 30 May 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

The Grove resort but do go for a lake view superior room. Does of course depend what you are after- when we went there was no great bar scene; restaurant ok etc but that doesn't bother us. Location ideal for 192
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClareO View Post
The Grove resort but do go for a lake view superior room. Does of course depend what you are after- when we went there was no great bar scene; restaurant ok etc but that doesn't bother us. Location ideal for 192
Would second this,loved the grove,been twice in august 2018 and 2019,had a great time,loads of space full kitchen and lounge area,nice pools/lazy river area too

Edited at 12:18 PM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thanks. Will have a look at The Grove
Old 30 May 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We paid less for a four bedroom villa with pool than a condo or a Value.
About ten minutes from AK so close enough to Uber or Lyft if you don’t all want to leave at the same time. This was the Formosa Gardens area.
Plenty of space and our own pool.
Even staying at the Boardwalk Inn the week before which is now my new favourite Disney hotel overall the villa had the edge for me.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite at the Melia Orlando resort a couple of years back. It was lovely and a huge suite for just 2 of us. It's on the 192 just near the turn off for Celebration with a few restaurants within easy walking distance (can recommend Pei Wei for a delicious take-away). Really good value for money.

melia/en/hotels/unit...tion/rooms.htm
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List