Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Anyway to get back to the original update did you notice that the property where the suspect had been staying was searched. I wonder if that included the disused wells?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I think the parents public flogging over their unwise decision is known and felt very very painfully by them. Why the need to keep on thrashing over it ? They will be torturing themselves every day until they die enough , without the online vultures passing judgement each single time.

I don't agree with them leaving the children. We never have and brought the kids with us or we had takeaway.
That said my heart goes out to them... I am sick and tired of reading countless opinions deeming to know it as fact because of online amateur detectives.

The guy being investigated is a known sex offender, multiple attacks on young kids and he had his Jag transferred into another name the day after the abduction and went to Germany.
They have been quietly investigating him since 2017 after the utter incompetence of the Portuguese police at the time . Had they bothered to run checks on sex offenders in the area it may have been a quicker resolution to this tragedy.
They are now trying to find his ex girlfriend who left him before this event took place .
Discussion in German media taking place about the interest in the series of wells at the back of the rented property he used to rent.

I don't condone Kate and Gerry's decision that night , but I cannot comprehend the living hell that they are going through. My judgement and vitriol would not compare to what they live inside their minds each day.

Sadly I think this time the Police are closing in and releasing this info to secure his conviction. Even worse I think if it is him she has met an horrendous sickening death.
As a parent my heart aches for her.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Wouldn't surprise me if they are after more funding, I believe the funding stopped just recently. I have no sympathy for the McCanns, they let that little girl down and it's her that paid the price. In my eyes they are no different than that copper that knelt on Floyds neck.

dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if they are after more funding, I believe the funding stopped just recently. I have no sympathy for the McCanns, they let that little girl down and it's her that paid the price. In my eyes they are no different than that copper that knelt on Floyds neck.

dave
That’s wrong! They are not the same as that police guy at all. I don’t agree with leaving kids of that age on their own for any length of time. But, they never meant their child harm - comments like that are just cruel.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
That’s wrong! They are not the same as that police guy at all. I don’t agree with leaving kids of that age on their own for any length of time. But, they never meant their child harm - comments like that are just cruel.
Are people holding them to a higher standard because it’s felt as doctors eg educated, caring profession , educated in safeguarding, able to afford the available in room nanny etc that they should have known better, do you think ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

dave
That’s a truly terrible thing to say.
They’re not comparable at all in any way , shape or form
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I think I am really privileged to spend time with such perfect people on the dibb, these people who are morally superior to everyone else deserve medals
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Are people holding them to a higher standard because it’s felt as doctors eg educated, caring profession , educated in safeguarding, able to afford the available in room nanny etc that they should have known better, do you think ?
As I say, it’s not that I agree that they left them alone - I just don’t feel it necessary to be so cruel to anyone. doesn’t matter who they are, cleaner, doctor, shop worker, biologist ...
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I can't help feeling the authorities would have treated them differently if they hadn't been what they are and I think that does grate with many people.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

dave
Its not the same at all, and what an awful thing to say.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread