Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Thanks everyone As soon as I’m able I will go and have a look
linder is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
laney1980
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We fitted our ikea kitchen before Christmas. We had an appointment with the kitchen planner which was great, we knew what we wanted and he took all that on board. We did choose their worktops as the cupboards are deeper than most standard kitchens. We have our own dishwasher and wine fridge. We used their taps and sink. If you fit it yourself they have a useful rack system that you hang the cupboards onto.
All in all I love it. These are the best photos I could find on my phone but let me know if you want more.

laney1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
laney1980
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Also we went with their cupboard lighting system but did have it hard wired into the kitchen although it can be used wireless. We also have lighting inside our deep drawer units which are the most useful cupboards of all!
laney1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
laney1980
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Old 15 Jun 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
We had an ikea kitchen in our old house which I fitted myself. Very easy to build the units and easy to fit.
We have Howden’s kitchen in this house (inherited) and I can’t wait to get rid of it. Poor quality compared to the ikea units, although I think it is the basic one.

I also installed my mum’s kitchen, didn’t use ikea worktops or appliances so unless they have changed something recently you don’t have to use theirs. That’s what I like about ikea everything is standard sizes.
I do think, the installation is key for any kitchen when commenting on its quality. You could have a very good quality kitchen installed poorly and it would not be great. I think Ikea kitchens are great, but it is important that they are installed well (like anything really) 👍
They are flat pack which adds to the installation time, but they are much better than B&Q equivalent kitchens. Our last 2 have been Howdens and i.m.o they are hard to beat. I’ve heard not so good reviews of Wren kitchens.
Hope it goes well👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Hey i bought wren, and tbh i cant fault them , im no expert, i spin spanners for a living i know nothing about diy,wood,plumbing but the elecs i got a sparky in to do, i know nowt about tiling or fitting windows or doors. yet i built this

From this

So im happy. Any silly/stupid questions i had i called the guy at wrens that designed the kitchen and he called me straight back and was really helpfull, he was also a kitchen fitter. Even when i changed the kitchen size by 50mm smaller he gave me a solution to sort it out easily and you would never know that this had happened.
Please dont take the negitives with wren , it depends on the guy or gal you get and their knowledge rather than the money they want.
I did the floor tiles through the hall under the stairs and downstairs bathroom, ceiling and lights one wall new window and door, all the wall tiles all new appliances (cooker hob fridge freezer and dishwasher) paid the sparky and replaced all the kitchen plumbing inc tiding and servicing the boiler ,oh and the quartz worktops fitted by jr rotherham they did a pretty fantastic job, and it all cost me 8.5k
We are amazed at the love we found for the house we bought 25years ago,and tbh were falling out of live with the house.

Edited at 08:56 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the worktops
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Bought one and fitted my self and very happy with the quality
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I love my iKEA kitchen - done last September.
Ikea consistory score higher than Wren etc for quality on Which surveys.
Our kitchen was around 2/3rds of the cost of Howdens and we liked that the price is upfront - Howdens were real second hand car sales people - giving a price, no breakdown of cost , offering extra discount if you don’t bite at first... it was too much aggro.
We had a local quartz countertop fitter to do the worktops and upstands - the whole thing was complete in just over a week.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have an IKEA kitchen that is about 14 years old. We fitted it ourselves but bought different handles elsewhere. During lockdown our new worktops have eventually arrived, not that there was anything really wrong with the black worktops but I fancied a change. I would recommend them.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not quite finished yet but we are slowly getting there!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List