Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Sep 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jay_
Getting to know the DIBB

Mustang Convertible luggage query

Hello folks,

Hopefully heading back to Orlando next spring all being well...

However, I have a quick question regarding the luggage space in a 'Stang Convertible.

We are couple looking to take 4 suitcases between us, however I'm looking to possibly swap one of my allowance for my set of golf clubs. Has anyone managed to fit 3 largish suitcases and a set of clubs (in a travel bag) in said car?

Or in general, how have people got on with clubs or a generous amount of luggage (x4 cases) in a convertible?

Thanks in advance!
Jay_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH says not a chance with the 3 cases
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We took 2 medium sized suitcases on our last trip and only one of them would fit in the boot along with a couple of holdalls. If you can use the back seat then you’ll be fine, but we were doing a road trip so didn’t want to leave luggage visible when we were away from the car so we swapped it. If we’d been travelling from the airport directly to a hotel/villa only then we probably would have kept it.
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Nope. Not a chance. We took 2 medium cases and they just fitted in boot space from what I remember.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jay_
Getting to know the DIBB

Darn, might need a re-think then.

It is just the 2 of us, so the backseats will be redundant, but still sounding like a non-starter.

Thanks anyway
Jay_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
highgates
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Nope. Not a chance. We took 2 medium cases and they just fitted in boot space from what I remember.
This is was what i thought too and after driving almost every class of hire car in Florida we set out to try the Mustang last year

We always take 3 medium and 3 cabin hard cases plus some soft luggage,and we got them in.
You will struggle with the larger cases,maybe 1 in the trunk and 1 on the back seat The Ford trunk is much bigger than the Chevy Camaro convertible.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...&postcount=523

Driving in Florida is part of our holiday experience,well mine anyway
highgates is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

As a 4 seater convertible owner there is little chance of two hard shell cases fitting in the boot.

Using holdalls we can get 3 people and luggage for 3 weeks in mine. So it is doable provided you are sensible with the amount you take. You won't be able to take 3 large cases and golf clubs though.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nublar
Trying for More Ears

Nublar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Unfortunately I can only echo what has already been said. We got 1 large American Tourister Case in the boot and 1 hand luggage case in fine. I squashed my Nike sports hand luggage bag in and then it was 1 suitcase in the back seat.

Lake Davenport 2008, Lake Davenport 2010, Chatham Circle 2013, West Coast and Vegas 2014, Indian Point 2015, New York 2016, Emerald Island (Dad's 60th Halloween Surprise) and Cali 2017, High Grove Villa 2022
Nublar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I looked into this at some length before cancelling a Mustang hire last year. We are a family of four who travel hand baggage only.

I sought DIBB advice and then had the good fortune to find that our local Ford Dealer had a Mustang Convertible on his forecourt. I was very honest about my interest in the car and he allowed me to bring a suitcase and try it for myself. My Seat Mii has an equally useless boot. I reckon I could just about get two handbaggage, soft suitcases in there.

I hired an SUV instead.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:19 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We had one a few years ago and just had the two of us as well. It was a real nightmare with just two cases and the two hand luggage bags. Had to take the roof down to put the cases on the back seat and the wee hand luggage went in boot. If you are staying somewhere for the trip then perhaps a Uber to and from airport and get car the next day may help? It depends if you need to move around locations during your trip with all the luggage or not.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List