Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Omg - Beth has just had an email from Surrey offering her a place for this year ! She’s just on the phone to them now to sort out the details - luckily they have accommodation. It’s a good job I’m super organised and bought most of her stuff in the summer just in case
That is such fantastic news, I am so pleased for her and for you (although now you have to face the tears at leaving her this year 😢 😂 )

Good luck Beth xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just been flapping about for the last couple of hours - been out to get the last bits and pieces. They will let her know her accommodation in the morning - UCAS already updated. Then we have to call Student Finance, her bank etc. And need to order her scrubs and things. I need a glass of wine or two!
Best news of the day! So happy for Beth! Let the adventure begin!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fabulous news!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

That’s brilliant news! So pleased for your DD. I don’t live far from Guildford and it’s a great place! Great shopping and places to eat.

We are busy getting everything ready for the move to uni on Wednesday!
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Great news for Beth.

We are doing the drop off on Saturday-there seems to be so many bags of stuff I wonder how we will get it from car to room in our drop off slot!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Beth leaves tomorrow...
it’s been a week of goodbyes. Her job, her friends etc. Tonight was tough, she’s danced since she was 3 so she said goodbye to her dance family.
I’m excited for her but sad to see her go. Will miss her so much! She’s leaving on a high as she passed her driving test yesterday 😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
izzys
New Poster (2)

last time i posted was in february, where i was pretty set on going to durham. a lot has changed! i changed my mind and decided UCL was the place for me, and i'd regret not going to london as daunting as i found it - and still do find it. my results day thankfully went smoothly. i needed a*aa for psychology at ucl, and ended up getting a*a*a*.

i move on the 26th, and it feels very weird to think that next week i'll be living in central london. my excitement is currently outweighing the nerves; i'm looking forward to my accommodation (i luckily got allocated the most recently refurbished halls, in the cheapest room possible) and meeting the friends i've made over the last few months over whatsapp groups and instagram. however i'm also extremely paranoid that i'm going to forget to do something really important since i've been doing a lot of admin stuff (transferring my job, student bank account, rail card, changing student finance details, booking my move in slot, picking my elective modules, etc etc etc) and obsessively making spreadsheets about stuff i need to buy and pack.

i don't think the emotion of leaving home will hit me until the surrealism and buzz of it passes. currently my mum is doing all of the emotion for me.
izzys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by izzys View Post
last time i posted was in february, where i was pretty set on going to durham. a lot has changed! i changed my mind and decided UCL was the place for me, and i'd regret not going to london as daunting as i found it - and still do find it. my results day thankfully went smoothly. i needed a*aa for psychology at ucl, and ended up getting a*a*a*.

i move on the 26th, and it feels very weird to think that next week i'll be living in central london. my excitement is currently outweighing the nerves; i'm looking forward to my accommodation (i luckily got allocated the most recently refurbished halls, in the cheapest room possible) and meeting the friends i've made over the last few months over whatsapp groups and instagram. however i'm also extremely paranoid that i'm going to forget to do something really important since i've been doing a lot of admin stuff (transferring my job, student bank account, rail card, changing student finance details, booking my move in slot, picking my elective modules, etc etc etc) and obsessively making spreadsheets about stuff i need to buy and pack.

i don't think the emotion of leaving home will hit me until the surrealism and buzz of it passes. currently my mum is doing all of the emotion for me.
Well done on your results the are fantastic. I hope all goes well with your move I’m sure it will. Enjoy everything and let Mum do the worrying !
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Omg - Beth has just had an email from Surrey offering her a place for this year ! She’s just on the phone to them now to sort out the details - luckily they have accommodation. It’s a good job I’m super organised and bought most of her stuff in the summer just in case
What great news
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

What a roller coaster Beth has been on. So happy for her that she finally got the place she wanted. Good luck with final plans and moving day.

We have a packing day planned for today ready to leave for Sheffield in the morning.
Good luck to all new starters and their parents!
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List