VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can you adopt me please , even your plane food looks fabulous
Hope you had a good flight
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

The hours internet ran out before afternoon tea arrived - we both had the sandwich selection, chicken & bacon and cheese & pickle

DW couldn’t resist a slice of carrot cake which completed the meal service for the flight.

We landed around 4:25 local time and after taxiing to stand and disembarking joined what looked like a fair sized queue in immigration at about 4:40. Credit where it’s due though, the staff opened extra desks so 20 were in use and the queue moved at a good pace - we had luggage in the car boot at Hertz exactly an hour later which I thought was good for that time of day and the number of people in front of us when we entered the hall.

Picked up the car (pic to follow when it’s daylight) and headed for

Arrived at the GF, checked in and headed for the room to find the room pixies have been good to us and allocated us probably the best king room in the tpv category we booked.

I’ll get a better pic in the morning but this is the view at night

The Castle is actually dead centered on the middle of our balcony.

Well impressed with the extra floor space a king bed gives you

1st night dinner at GF cafe is next!

Edited at 04:16 AM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Dr J.

Welcome to Florida. The meal on VA looks pretty good as always. We feel in the last 18 months the food quality has risen nicely as before that it was ok but bland. Now it's consistently so much better.
The chicken looks excellent, that would have been my choice, plus the soup and rhubarb.

Well done on the room and also getting that view. It does make so much difference.
The GF has lovely decor and ambience apart from the American furniture which is their version of a cross between Louis XV and
MFI.

Enjoy the holiday

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Glad you didn’t have too much of a wait at immigration.
Your room looks really nice and your view is stunning!
Hope you got a decent sleep. Have fun!
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love your room and I love your view even more! Food on VA looks good.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Super travelling day there thanks - never fancied the GF personally but your room and view look fantastic.
Next ...

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

For a travel day that is always long and full of anticipation I think everythingbso far looks fantastic, food on plane looks very good, a lot better than what I've every experienced lol (I live in hope mind) and the room looks lovely inside and the view outside just st night looks fabulous... Enjoy it all and looking forward to regular updates... Off now to eat my diet porridge 😣
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Have a few nights booked at the end of our trip at GF this year so looking forward to seeing what you think of the restaurants.
Old 25 Jan 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Oh my gosh, that room is perfect!

Have a great trip, looking forward to more pictures.
Old 25 Jan 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone for following along and for all the kind comments so far. I’m going to do my best to keep up so while I’m up early I’ll add last nights arrival dinner at the GF Cafe. It’s only a short stroll from our room in Sago Cay but we still managed to arrive 20 mins late as we had to hang on in the room waiting for bell services to bring the luggage. When we did finally check in at the podium it wasn’t a problem and after a five minute wait our table was ready.

Blood Orange Margarita L
Smoked Turkey R

Bread Service

The bread was the only disappointing thing about the meal - it was like brown cotton wool with overly sweet whipped butter - thankfully it’s free so could just be ignored.

Cream of Butternut Squash

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

Meatloaf with lobster enhancement and the biggest piece of broccoli I’ve ever seen

Shrimp and Cheese Grits with scallop enhancement

It was all very nice but first night enthusiasm got the better of us. In hindsight maybe we shouldn’t have ordered the enhancements, they were very good but the meatloaf was tasty enough on its own and DW ate the scallops then ‘hit the food wall’ and couldn’t finish her last couple of shrimp so in all honesty we should have just saved the $22 and had the dishes as standard off the menu.

Service was very good, drinks arrived promptly and courses were nicely spaced - TIW card was used and the bill ended up at $170 inc a bottle of wine and tip. I’ll post the bill in a bit - DW is still asleep and I can’t find my wallet in the dark 😁
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List