Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Aug 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We were up out and early as had a ppo breakfast at BOG. We ended up getting a Minnie Van as we were running late and wanted to be at BOG for 8. Our booking wasnt until 8:35 but based on reviews and previous experience they let people in on a first come,first serve.

Minnie Van was $26 with a 25% off offer from Lynx.

BOG- we were about the forth family in and used 3 QS credits.

The kids both had adult cronuts which they loved.

James had the open face sandwich which he said was really good.

I had fruit and nibbles from there plates.

We also got a mimosa and peach blini. It was a novelty to have alcohol in the magic kingdom and for breakfast. We were also able to help ourselves to coffee/ soft drinks.

Breakfast was good and the ppo was so worth doing. We were out of BOG by 830 and let into 7 D by 8:45. We rode it twice with no wait before the crowds arrived at 9.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen

Lunch was at Skipper Canteen.

We used 3 adult TS credit and paid for Minnie lunch oop as we wanted to use her child credit for Noah California grill brunch.

Minnie had Mac cheese. Her meal cost $11 in total with a drink and pudding.

I had the whole fried fish. This was lovely but not great when your hungry as it took me ages to debone it.

Noah had the doc falls signature grilled steak. He had this medium rare and raved about it. He reckons this was one of the best steak he has had.

James had the perkin thai noodles

We both had sangria. I had the red one (?) and James had the blue Hawaii sangria. This was definitely the better choice, although obviously i managed to drink mine!

We were all full by this point but dutiful ordered 3 different deserts.

James had the kungaloosh which is basically like a very sticky chocolate brownie. Very good brownie though.

I had the coconut bar which was nice but very sweet.

Noah had the quick sand. This was lovely... if you like rice pudding. He described it as a rice cake.

Minnie had the chocolate volcano which she picked at but looked lovely.

We all really enjoyed this meal. The food tasted fresh, healthy (ish) and the restaurant was cool and quiet. It does not feel like you are eating in the middle of magic kingdom.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great to see a review of Skipper Canteen, I think I'd like the fish but not sure I would have the patience for it!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Great to see a review of Skipper Canteen, I think I'd like the fish but not sure I would have the patience for it!
I know. I kinda regretted it initially but it was lovely after all the bones were removed! 😊
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great start
Thank you😊
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile Polite Pig

Tonight’s dinner was polite pig.

We had 2 QS meals between the 4 of us.

We had the Salmon with a side of Mac Cheese. It also comes with coleslaw and a jalapeño corn bread.

Baby back ribs with a side of roasted cauliflower

James has a Moscow mule to drink which was super strong and didn't taste of ginger beer at all.

I had the bees knee which is gin based and was lovely. Really lemony and fresh.

We got a selection of the different dips which were good.

The food was great. I really enjoyed the salmon and the cauliflower was lovely. I would really like to try the brussels but we were all too full.

Minnie rated the Mac cheese which is a high compliment given how much of it she eats!

I keep reading about the cookies from Gideons bake house but our server said you have to be there at 11am to stand any chance of getting them 😣

We then went shopping and Noah bought trainers( another pair... ) in the lacost sale.

Both kids declined pudding. I really fancied trying Sprinkles and we went to the Sprinkles ATM. We ordered a fluffer nutter cupcake, which is a banana cake with peanut butter filling and marshmallow top. Minnie was fascinated by it and proceed to eat the whole thing within 2 mins.

Starting credits
Table service- 21 adults/ 7 child
Quick service-28
Snacks-56

Credits used today-
TS- 3 adults
QS- 5
Snacks nils.

No snacks used so far. We are at Epcot tomorrow so hopefully that will change.

Thanks for reading. Its been a lovely first full day 💕
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I really like the look of Polite Pig and have it on our list for this year.

Can you not use snack credits at Sprinkles or was it just because you used the ATM?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Loving the report, thanks for taking the time to share.

Just a question, how did you find this offer

Minnie Van was $26 with a 25% off offer from Lynx.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I really like the look of Polite Pig and have it on our list for this year.

Can you not use snack credits at Sprinkles or was it just because you used the ATM?
It was just because of using the ATM. Im pretty sure they are a snack credit. Thanks for reading along 😊