Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Dec 19, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Florida mall and Teak Neighbourhood Grill

We had a great afternoon at the hotel and decided to visit Florida Mall instead of the parks as the weather was a bit inclement. The mall was busy and we picked up a few bit for Christmas gifts. Cooper was hungry so we picked up some pretzel bites, these were delicious 😋 once we had finished we decided to pop to Teak for dinner. We have been here multiple times and the food has always been great. They have a secret menu (you can ask for this) with 18 different burgers as well as the normal menu. Adam had the Jackknife burger with chilli cheese fries, I had the Idaho burger with garlic fries and Cooper had a chicken sandwich with plain fries. The boys had soda and I had a glass of sav blanc. So my burger had to be delivered separately as it was huge! I completely misread the menu and thought the chips were fries (not crisps!) I have obviously been living in the UK too long The cost for dinner was $52 + tip which was really reasonable. Service was great and we even met the owner who asked us if we heard about Teak on The Dibb. We explained that we had been visiting since 2014 and that we had seen him mentioned on it several times! A great night with lovely food.

We decided that we jus needed a quick ice-cream from McDonalds on the way home. The ones in the U.S. are exactly like the ones we get in Australia- we can’t get them in the UK it is hot chocolate fudge and ice-cream but we get it on the top and the bottom of the sundae it is amazeballs

Thanks again for reading
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That McDonald's hot fudge sundae does look pretty awesome.

It sounds like you're having a fab time, some great treats already, with breakfast at Denny, dinner at Teak and the Big Pink donut too.

Have a fab trip. I can't wait to read all the rest of the updates.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

A good start, I’m looking forward to following along! Have a lovely holiday
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That McDonald's hot fudge sundae does look pretty awesome.

It sounds like you're having a fab time, some great treats already, with breakfast at Denny, dinner at Teak and the Big Pink donut too.

Have a fab trip. I can't wait to read all the rest of the updates.
Honestly, it’s funny as we like lots of different types of foods but sometimes a cheap and cheerful McDonald’s hot fudge ice-cream just hits the spot!

We did the DDP at POFQ this past summer and whilst we enjoyed it we really do love eating offsite. Thank you so much for your reply, I have really enjoyed reading all your reports and hopefully there might be something helpful in my report for another Dibber
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
A good start, I’m looking forward to following along! Have a lovely holiday
Thank you very much, we are having a lovely time 😊 Thank you also for taking the time to comment
Old 18 Dec 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Cracker Barrel Breakfast and Chick Fil A Lunch

So we woke up to rain this morning and it was fairly chilly too so I made an executive decision to go out for breakfast and do the parks later once the weather improved. We ended up at the Cracker Barrel at Hunters Creek and got a table straight away. This place is a firm favourite for us, Adam is a pancake connoisseur :d and he rates the ones from here in his top 3! Cooper ordered the kids pancakes with a side of bacon and water to drink, Adam had the mama’s pancake breakfast and coffee to drink and I had the Old timer’s breakfast with a raspberry lemonade- service was brilliant and the food was amazing!

This was really reasonable, only $33 before tip and we were completely full.

We then popped to Super Target and the the Premium Outlets at Vineland and managed to pick up a few deals. It has been quite cool today so we were happy to spend time indoors!

Lunch was at Chick Fil A. We really enjoy this as a quick meal, it is always consistent and the staff are always great. Cooper had the #1 deluxe chicken burger with fries and a vanilla shake, Adam had the #2 chicken deluxe burger with waffle fries and Dr Pepper and I had the spicy southwest chicken salad with waffle fries and Coke Zero. It was really really busy but our food was prepared quickly and it was hot and fresh. Again great value at $32.

We are planning to head back to the parks this afternoon as the weather is getting warmer (about 18 deg c at the moment- it was 13 deg c this morning :erm ) Thank you so much for reading
Old 19 Dec 19, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Cowfish Dinner

So we spent the evening at IOA, we did Hagrid’s ride in the dark (from the start of queuing til getting off the ride was 50 minutes!) and then Hulk a couple of times. It felt really really cold today, this is an observation not a complaint :d I think because it was warm and humid yesterday, it made today feel even colder. We had no idea what to do for dinner, we weren’t particularly hungry but if Cooper doesn’t eat regularly he starts to feel unwell. After a very brief discussion we ended up at Cowfish. Now we haven’t eaten here before but I knew that it offered burgers and sushi and the boys said that they would be happy with anything. We were told it would be a 30min wait for a table so we have them our details and ordered a drink at the bar, a glass of wine for me and a soda for Adam $14. The wait time was accurate and once the 30 mins was up we were shown to a table. We ordered the cheeseburger bento box for Cooper and Adam ordered the Cheeseburgerooshi and the High Class Hillbilly. In hindsight I wish we had just ordered the ‘normal’ sushi. This was all just ok, the cheeseburgerooshi tasted like a deconstructed burger but a bit greasy and the High Class Hillbilly was completely covered in over fried onions. When I asked if it was normal to be presented like that our server told me the fried onions we're a garnish We declined dessert and paid the $43 bill. Not sure if we ordered badly or they were having an off night but it’s not somewhere I’d rush to return to.

Back to the hotel to warm up and chill out. Thank you for reading!
Old 19 Dec 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Cowfish Dinner

So we spent the evening at IOA, we did Hagrid’s ride in the dark (from the start of queuing til getting off the ride was 50 minutes!) and then Hulk a couple of times. It felt really really cold today, this is an observation not a complaint :d I think because it was warm and humid yesterday, it made today feel even colder. We had no idea what to do for dinner, we weren’t particularly hungry but if Cooper doesn’t eat regularly he starts to feel unwell. After a very brief discussion we ended up at Cowfish. Now we haven’t eaten here before but I knew that it offered burgers and sushi and the boys said that they would be happy with anything. We were told it would be a 30min wait for a table so we have them our details and ordered a drink at the bar, a glass of wine for me and a soda for Adam $14. The wait time was accurate and once the 30 mins was up we were shown to a table. We ordered the cheeseburger bento box for Cooper and Adam ordered the Cheeseburgerooshi and the High Class Hillbilly. In hindsight I wish we had just ordered the ‘normal’ sushi. This was all just ok, the cheeseburgerooshi tasted like a deconstructed burger but a bit greasy and the High Class Hillbilly was completely covered in over fried onions. When I asked if it was normal to be presented like that our server told me the fried onions we're a garnish We declined dessert and paid the $43 bill. Not sure if we ordered badly or they were having an off night but it’s not somewhere I’d rush to return to.

Back to the hotel to warm up and chill out. Thank you for reading!
Cowfish is much loved by the dibbers. I too have always enjoyed it, as has DH, but your food certainly doesn’t look that appealing. The bento box looks boring and that heap of onions on top of whatever it is looks bizarre!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Oh no! I agree with Claudette. If you go again I recommend the Dion’s OMG! roll and the Big Squeal burger. My husband would recommend the Texas Longhorn burger but asks for the onion strings on the side as it does have a lot in there. The milkshakes are delicious too but super filling!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Cowfish is much loved by the dibbers. I too have always enjoyed it, as has DH, but your food certainly doesn’t look that appealing. The bento box looks boring and that heap of onions on top of whatever it is looks bizarre!
We really just wanted something tasty but not huge (we had already had breakfast and lunch!). Unfortunately every dish was just not great. Honestly I thought the fried onions were hilarious (but gross) I have never seen so much garnish in my life Adam was less impressed! It’s funny how we al have such different experiences at the exact same places. Onwards and upwards... I hope Thank you for reading and commenting.