Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

What do you do with your photos?

We have started going through our previous Florida trip photos and getting photos ready to go in our scrapbooks.

I’m spending this afternoon on my laptop going through some more (my fiancé takes thousands!) and I’ve decided we will get prints or photo books for every trip we do. Having them just on the laptop isn’t the same as being able to look through them physically!

What do you do with your photos? Do you print them all, or just keep them online?

What we have learnt from this is we need to invest in better cameras! We have some lovey photos, but the pictures of the fireworks are shocking
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I will answer this later...when the job list permits!

Try combining two households with with camera addictions who both have their own way of storing and filing photos and are too old to change!
Old 17 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Before we moved house I digitized all our photos and videos which took 2 months. Now they are all stored on the TV. We have found that we look at them far more than we did before and it was well worth the effort.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I put everything into photo books. Almost up to date due to being at home at the weekends thanks to lock down.

I do one for 'big' holidays! And a yearly one for the pics taken on day trips/at home./short trips or however they fit together... Or how many pics there are...

Edited at 12:46 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

To anyone with photos (or videos) on your computer especially if your computer is on the ground floor of a property PLEASE back them up incase the unpredictable happens! Thankfully we only lost 3 months worth!

THis was back in 2007 and things have moved on technology wise since then.

A backup system which relies on you doing something manually (the "I'll do it next week" principle is prone to failure!

Edited at 12:48 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Before we moved house I digitized all our photos and videos which took 2 months. Now they are all stored on the TV. We have found that we look at them far more than we did before and it was well worth the effort.
I didn't even know storing photos on a TV was possible? Do you need a particular TV for that?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
I put everything into photo books. Almost up to date due to being at home at the weekends thanks to lock down.

I do one for 'big' holidays! And a yearly one for the pics taken on day trips/at home./short trips or however they fit together... Or how many pics there are...
This is what I'm trying to do now, I gave OH a little photobook of our weekends away on our (non) wedding day earlier this month - it was meant to be part of a bigger wedding present so it looked a bit odd by itself haha.

I did also do him a photobook for Christmas of our 2016 trip, but the prints now are ones he wants in his 2016 scrapbook.

I am definitely going to continue and make as many photobooks or scrapbooks as we can going forward - however I do definitely need more back ups I think.
Old 17 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
To anyone with photos (or videos) on your computer especially if your computer is on the ground floor of a property PLEASE back them up incase the unpredictable happens! Thankfully we only lost 3 months worth!

THis was back in 2007 and things have moved on technology wise since then.

A backup system which relies on you doing something manually (the "I'll do it next week" principle is prone to failure!

I'm so sorry this happened to you! This is one of my fears (not flooding in particular, but something happening and then we just lose them all.) and why I wonder how many different places I can store them
Old 17 May 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve been looking at our photos as well yesterday and realised we are using up a lot of space on our Mac. So very interested to read what other Dibbers do x
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve started doing photo books for some our our trips, particularly when we’ve been somewhere new. I also ordered some prints last week so they can be framed and go on the wall. We have so many lovely photos and it’s a shame to keep them on the PC and not do anything with them.