Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KES
Imagineer

KES's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Hull- where to live nr to the hospital .

Hi all

DS has just been offered a job at Hull Royal Infirmary.

We arent from Hull and obviously due to the current situation its going to be hard to get there and look around for flats to rent.

Please could you tell us where he should and shouldn't live?

Thanks so much.
LBV Village Resort & Spa 1/09
LBV Village Resort & Spa 10/09
KES is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi. It depends on how far you want to travel. Around the marina and old town there are some amazing converted properties. Victoria Dock is a purpose built village with river views and an easy commute too. If you have a car Hessle and surrounding villages are lovely. Hessle is a small town with plenty of pubs and restaurants.
Areas to avoid are definitely the Hessle Road, Great Thornton Street, Spring Bank and Boulevard areas.
If you see anything and you aren’t sure, happy for you to PM me.

Tracey
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KES View Post
Hi all

DS has just been offered a job at Hull Royal Infirmary.

We arent from Hull and obviously due to the current situation its going to be hard to get there and look around for flats to rent.

Please could you tell us where he should and shouldn't live?

Thanks so much.
Hi I worked at Hull Royal Infirmary for 42 years before I took early retirement in 2015. The hospital is not in a very good area (just my opinion), the city centre is only a 10 minute walk away. I guess it all depends on his budget, some of the city centre apartments are really nice but at a price. Can the hospital HR department suggest an area for him, I am sure they will have been asked this many times before as all hospitals have lots of staff who come to work from all over the world and like your son have no knowledge of Hull at all. I am sorry I can't be of more help. Just to wish him luck, all the staff I came into contact with were great, Hull is a friendly City, with a warm Yorkshire welcome.
Pam

Pam
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The hospital is in a terrible area so you don't want anything too close. If you have a car I would be looking at the west of the city, areas such as Hessle, Willerby or Cottingham.
I wouldn't advise Victoria Dock, even though it looks nice and the houses are nice it's a bad crime area.
If you want a bustling night life then there are some new build flats and houses just being built on the marina in the Humber Street area. There are lots of nice bars and music venues around there and it's a very up and coming area.
Brough and the villages to the west are also good locations with plenty to rent an buy plus Brough is an easy drive back to the hospital and is also handy for getting back put on to the motorway.
If you need to know anything else please just ask.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

I would agree the area around the hospital isn't great! Closest place would be city centre or marina accommodation easily within walking/cycling distance. If he's willing to drive/use public transport then Anlaby is nice and would have a direct bus route (the hospital is on Anlaby Road but Anlaby is about 3-4 miles away - don't make the mistake of thinking Anlaby Road is all the same. I live on it but I'm about 3 miles away!). Hessle and Willerby are also nice but again about 3-4 miles away.

Victoria Dock is also nice and not too far away however please be aware there will be some major road works starting soon which means traffic coming from that side of town will be HORRIFFIC for about 3-4 years! Just to help the hospital is in the west of Hull and the roadworks are going to be on the main road coming from the east to west right in the centre! Victoria dock is in the east of Hull.

Feel free to message me if you need any help. As above most people are friendly and happy to help you out
Old 18 May 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm on kingswood it's about 20 to 30 min drive , nice there so is cottingham, willerby, anlaby . If the budget is big then swanland
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Mobile

On a side note it's nice to see there are some fellow Hull Dibbers 👍🏼
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Hi, I live maybe 5-10 away from the hospital in a nice residential area between chanterlands Avenue and Princess Avenue. Anything from Ella Street to Marlborough Avenue is lovely but I also agree that the Marina area is great as are Anlaby, Swanland, North Ferriby, Willerby, Hessle, Welton but if I could choose anywhere I’d live near the Westwood in Beverley or Walkington. It depends on how much of a commute he wants and budget of course.
Hello fellow Hull dibber’s !
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gillybean08 View Post
Hi, I live maybe 5-10 away from the hospital in a nice residential area between chanterlands Avenue and Princess Avenue. Anything from Ella Street to Marlborough Avenue is lovely but I also agree that the Marina area is great as are Anlaby, Swanland, North Ferriby, Willerby, Hessle, Welton but if I could choose anywhere I’d live near the Westwood in Beverley or Walkington. It depends on how much of a commute he wants and budget of course.
Hello fellow Hull dibber’s !
My Mum lived on Westborne Ave until just before Christmas, she loved the area.

I agree with the other areas you've said. Plus Swanland if you have lots of money!
Old 18 May 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I'm on kingswood it's about 20 to 30 min drive , nice there so is cottingham, willerby, anlaby . If the budget is big then swanland
Hello neighbour
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List