Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Just appointed solicitor for house purchase...

Its been one hell of a 7 months. We have been trying to get on the property ladder again via shared ownership. Having lost 3 houses due to mortgage broker messing us about, then being told we can't afford it once I had submitted DH tax returns to then find out we can afford it and covid hits freezing everything. Finally we get the mortgage sorted and have been offered the house. Que appointing a solicitor and receiving the paperwork... major headache trying to make head or tail of it all lol come on here to my happy place for a bit lol
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Good luck, hopefully minimal hiccups from here!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Buying a house always seems to come with problems, nothing has ever ran smoothly for us (or anyone I know!). But it’ll all be worth it in the end.
We’ve been in our current house for 13 years now, over the years we’ve done loads to it and it’s such a nice feeling to own your own home. It’s like your own little plot on the earth to change and do to as you wish. We are getting a loft conversation at the minute and I’m so excited to see it when it’s done. Good luck to you, I hope things run smoothly for you from here, stick with it, you’ll get there in the end
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are just about to put our house on the market. I know people will think we are a bit mad but we went for a house in February that went to sealed bids. Ours was rejected. Long story short in lockdown we were offered it and renegotiated a price. Hoping to sell ours quickly, our new house isn’t dependant on this sale but it’s a renovation project so we can only really start that once we’ve sold. 🤞
Good luck and I hope you get your house x

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck with everything It is such a stressful process!

We are buying a new build and were supposed to have been in by April until covid happened.

We were then given a 17th July completion but now facing another delay of around 3 weeks due to Western Power running out of cable.

Dont know what we are going to do though as we are supposed to move out of our rental soon :/
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
thank youj everyone, ours is complete and ready to move in, even has virgin installed ready hahaha

just been to mortgage brooker and paid their eye watering fees. mortgage now being submitted. solicitor paperwork filled out and being taken in tomorrow with ID. appointment to view house on friday.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Eeek exciting, I hope everything goes smoothly from here for you!

We’re selling our house, just accepted an offer, so going through the selling process for the first time. Can’t wait for it to be over!
Old 9 Jul 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
We are just about to put our house on the market. I know people will think we are a bit mad but we went for a house in February that went to sealed bids. Ours was rejected. Long story short in lockdown we were offered it and renegotiated a price. Hoping to sell ours quickly, our new house isn’t dependant on this sale but it’s a renovation project so we can only really start that once we’ve sold. 🤞
Good luck and I hope you get your house x
I hope your house sale goes well - I expect it will get snapped up in GG
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

We have just instructed solicitors too for a sale and a purchase, I agree there is a lot of paperwork! This is the 3rd offer we have received on our house as the first 2 retracted, has been a stressful process up to now! Anyway the stamp duty news yesterday was good to hear... good luck with your move OP
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I hope your house sale goes well - I expect it will get snapped up in GG
Thank you.
Fingers Crossed.
We are staying in the village as we love it so much. The welcome will always be warm if you pass this way 😀 Clockpelter now has visor, gloves and mask on!

There is a small development being built behind us but we will price competitively to sell. Garden is about half an acre so it won’t be on top of the property thankfully.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List