Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Jul 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mousewife View Post
I upgraded a 14 day pass to a Gold annual in January and it has just been extended until May 2021. Only problem is we don’t know when we will be allowed to travel let alone when it will be safe to do so. Has anyone been told whether they are taking the travel ban into consideration? I know it’s not their fault but I guess I should be asking for a refund and buy a new pass when all is well with the world again.
The travel ban has had no affect on refunds, its just when the parks where closed. We are going to cancel ours and get new ones closer to the day we go next year.

As a side note we did manage to book 21 days worth of park reservations staying on site for next year even though our APs run out in December this year.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I requested a refund of our unused AP Days as we would not be able to return this year. We were there the night MK closed on March 15th and our passes expired in early May.

A few weeks later we received a refund to our credit card of £105.04 + £3.14 FX Fees for each pass. No contact from Disney to explain how it had been calculated though.

We managed to get 61 days use out of the passes so we are quite pleased with the results.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mousewife
Excited about Disney

Thanks for this. I’m thinking we would be better to do the same. We we cancelled our June trip and were thinking of a January 21 but even that seems a bit soon now. Our pass ran from mid Jan 20 to 21 so really only 2 months used before the closure. Should I expect a 10 month equivalent refund do you think? I’m not sure how it works
Mousewife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Mousewife as far as I am aware you could ask for a refund from the 16th March 2020 (the date the parks closed) to the date your pass is due to expire.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Seeing lots of reports on Facebook that an email has gone out about being able to cancel and get a refund from 11 July to your new extended expiry.

As usual no email for us 😡

Will wait a day or so before I contact them to request my cancellation.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Just seen the update on the AP page

Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So it seems we have until 11th August to cancel for a refund from 11th July to extended expiry.

People have stated that the cancellation is easy through a link in the email but I’m not sure if you could cancel a child’s pass that way or if the email is per pass meaning you’d have to phone as surely they not have an email for the child’s pass 🤷
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Seeing lots of reports on Facebook that an email has gone out about being able to cancel and get a refund from 11 July to your new extended expiry.

As usual no email for us 😡

Will wait a day or so before I contact them to request my cancellation.
No emails for us either. Never got any passholder emails in all the years we have had an AP. My DW was on the phone to them yesterday and they had no idea why especially as we get DVC and other Disney emails. They did first say it might have been our mail provider rejecting them as spam until we said we get the DVC ones.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Looks like we will need to call back up then, Am still missing one refund for when the parks were closed, this is getting a bit messy now.

1000's of passholders all trying to call the same number, that be fun!
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No email received here, although I never receive AP emails so didn't expect to get one! Would rather cancel online or via email as I don't fancy calling the passholder line and being on hold, especially from the UK!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List