Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Any Range Rover Evoque owners here?

Background:
I used to love cars and even though I had to drive big cars (5 kids) I used to love changing them every year or so. Then I got older and got fed up with them. I bought a Mini Countryman as soon as I didn’t have to drive a 7 seater Just to have a fun small car again! I Kept it for 2 years and then sold it with the intention of buying a Range Rover Evoque. After enquiring about leasing and crunching the numbers, it wasn’t worthwhile financially, I didn’t want to fork out cash for a brand new one, I got over and underwhelmed by the whole experience and gave up! I have been car sharing a VW Polo with my son for the last 2 years and borrowed my other kids cars if need be. My son is now working full time and needs the car every day for work. I am currently taking one of my younger sons to college 3 days a week (60 miles a day) and have been stuck in this week on other days that I had plans due to having no car at the last minute. I now need a car.

Now:
I was going to buy myself an Audi A1 or A3 but I ferry around 2 6ft plus teenagers, do a lot of motorway driving and sit in traffic a lot (M25 daily and M1) so my husband suggested re-visiting the Range Rover Evoque. I don’t have a love for cars anymore and don’t want to spend upwards of £40k as it’s the 6th car for our household, so I’ll be buying second hand and direct from a Land Rover (with warranty and hopefully a ‘friends and family‘ discount courtesy of my lovely niece).

Question:
So those of you that own an Evoque, do you like it? What are the pros and cons? Anything I should definitely look for or definitely not get? Any advice gratefully received as my niece only raves about them and friends that have them are biased!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi,
I love the look of the Evoque and always wanted one. I seriously started looking for one a couple of years ago and when I sat in one I was put off, I didn’t like the the cabin, it just didn’t feel comfortable. Space in the rear was more limited than I was expecting too.

I eventually bought a BMW X1 and although I preferred the outside look of the Evoque, sitting inside the BMW was a much nicer experience. Just recently changed the bmw to a Mazda CX5 and that feels as good if not better than Bmw did.

I still think ‘should I have bought an Evoque’ everytime i see one but then remember how disappointed I felt sitting in the cabin.

My advice if you haven’t already is go sit in one and do a test drive and see what you think.

Edited at 07:45 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

We have a few evoques at work.

I am lucky and have an amazing company car scheme where we can chop/change cars on a whim and pretty much anything is available, only 1 person currently has a evoque through choice, and he can’t wait til January when he’s handing it back. He only got it in March.

We don’t have to pay for any fuel so mpg not an issue, and no costs at all, even then he doesn’t like it.
There’s prob half a dozen in fleet that have been placed with more junior staff just to keep them moving
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We’ve never had a Range Rover but the overwhelming message I see posted from friends & neighbours who have one is that they can’t wait to get rid of it & that it spends more time back in the garage being fixed than at home.

A neighbour on our WhatsApp group posted that they’d left some no longer used kids toys on the drive and anyone who wanted them to take them; basically, if it’s on the drive, feel free to take it.
Another neighbour quipped “Does that includes the Range Rover?”
His reply “Anyone taking the Range Rover would be doing me a favour & I’d be very grateful!”

Auto Express placed Range Rover in the bottom tier of reliability in 2020; 25th out of 30 car manufacturers.

Edited at 08:15 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We considered one, read many reviews (they seemed to question reliability) did a test drive and opted out.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

When we were doing the rounds a few years ago when my OH was looking for an SUV. Unfortunately we put the Evoque at the bottom of the list. And by quite a way as there wasn't much that we liked about it at all. We went for the BMW.
If I was choosing now, the Alfa Romeo would be top of my list. However, I havent actually driven one.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I had one for 2 years and that was 2 years too long .
It was uncomfortable and not a nice drive .
I couldn’t understand how they were so popular but then I think people buy them for looks and not much else .
My neighbour still has his Range Rover and he’s always out fixing something on it .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DW Had an Evouqe for 17 months and loved it, personally I hated it, it felt heavy to drive and visibility to the rear was poor. On the other hand never had any mechanical issues.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had one and changed it for the discovery sport as the boot space in the Evoque is so small. was never a discovery fan but their deals were a no brainer so we went for it and like it

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Thank you all for your replies.

We almost bought one 2 years ago (was deciding between the Evoque and the Jag E-Pace at the time) and I bottled it!

My uncle has an Evoque that he drives in Spain. He also has an Aston Martin in London and previously had the Porsche Cayenne when they came out. He really likes his, but money is no object for him, he can buy a new car whenever he likes - I can’t!

I really like the look of them but every time I ‘almost’ buy one - I buy something else! Or buy nothing at all.

I just think cars are a lot of money (when we have so many in our household already) I start looking at small cars (Audi A1, Merc A Class, Mini etc) and before I know it I’m looking at a ‘just 5-6k more’ Evoque.

I’ve looked at similar in the class - Volvo XC60, Porsche Maccan, Jag E-Pace etc but nothing jumps out at me (except the E-pace, I really like that).
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List