Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 11, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

Vow renewal in disney

We have decided that we are going to florida in the next couple of years. Last night dh said to me you can look at prices for having our vow renewal while we are there!

I had my heart set on a disney wedding, we had enquired about it and had our wedding planner and we also decided on everything we wanted. They sent us a personalised book with all the details in it. Then dh's dad said there was no way he was flying out to florida! I couldn't ask dh to get married without his dad there so we had our wedding in england on 4th June 2005. Dh promised me that we would could have our vows renewed at disney, we visited the wedding pavillion on our honeymoon and we decided this would be the place.

So if anyone has any ideas then please let me know, I cannot wait to start planning our next disney holiday and our vow renewal.
Old 29 Mar 11, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Hiya! I would start off by having a look on disneyweddings and have a look at the different packages and prices to see what suits you

There is a fantastic guide written by Carrie a disney bride - you can buy it online and download it its available through passporter.com passporter/weddings.asp
Old 30 Mar 11, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
angel81uk
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All the packages disney offer are multipurpose and will cost the same if it's a wedding, blessing or vow renewal you choose to have. At the moment, in the next couple of years your package choices are Escape or Wishes (Memories, which is perfect for a small, intimate vow renewal is only offered for a limited time to celebrate DFTW's anniversary).

Escape weddings/renewals at the wedding pavilion are currently priced at $5750 for the ceremony, violinist, bouquet/buttonhole, cake and champagne, a basic photography package and limo hire and allows you to invite up to 18 guests. If you would like to have a reception meal you can either book a table/private room at a restaurant yourself or ask DFTW to organise a private event for you (doing so would trigger a minimum overall spend of $7500 plus tax and service charges. The $5750 package price counts towards this.). The $7500 minimum also comes into play if you want to add a private dessert party. You also need to stay in a Disney resort for a minimum of 4 nights with the renewal happening on a non check in/out day.

The other option is to have a Wishes renewal. This works differently in that there's no set package and no set cost. Depending on the day of the week and time of day you want the current minimum cost varies from $10,000 to $20,000 (plus tax and service charge). You can choose pretty much anything you like with this package so long as you meet the minimum expenditure amount applicable to your chosen date/time. Venue hire, catering, photography, floral, decor, favours, anything booked through DFTW counts towards the cost. You also have to set up what they call a room block, basically you need to guarantee that you and your guests will book a certain number of nights at Disney resorts.

As mentioned by Gemmybear, the passporter guide to disney weddings is well worth buying. It's full of well researched information and is regularly updated, once you've bought it you can download any updates for free. In my experience DFTW don't tell you about all the available options unless you specifically ask about them, so having it all laid out in a book was so useful to me.
10 Nights SSR October 2016
angel81uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 11, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread