Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Makes me laugh how similar we are! I would have freaked out at getting stuck! OMG that's horrible. I always seem to be near a child that does things like that. In fact children seem to gravitate towards me sometimes. We went to AK I think and were doing some safari thing and this little girl didn't want to sit near her Mum and kept shifting along next to me! Was very funny.

Lol at getting stuck on Dinosaur - I think it broke down and restarted when we went.

So funny you getting asked about the Queen. Last time I went and was in the hotel spa about to get a massage when two Americans started telling me how sorry they were about Diana and asking if I was okay. I get tired of saying where I come from and end up saying near London. It used to be Peterborough and I'd get 'where's that' so I'd say near Cambridge thinking they'd know, but no! So now I just say near London.
Aww I love Americans!

Amy - we use Fairfx and I second what Kel says and I've just seen the thread about the rate, so have bought out first lot of spending money. Wanted to spend more, but need to wait until April to pay myself a dividend and am a bit skint till then. We also have a post office card as a backup. Used to have Nationwide, but they messed me around so much I cancelled all my cards in a strop!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Yeah they're not too bad now that I've had my final shake. I suspect by tomorrow they'll be gone completely. Can't taste anything funny in my mouth yet, so don't think I'm quite in ketosis. Then you just have the 'head cravings' which are harder than genuine hunger pangs.

I quite like Indian, but am not a big fan of tomatoey things like you. Dan prefers tomatoey and I prefer creamy. My problem is that I cannot cope with too much spice and have been known to break out in a sweat from a korma lol. I do love naan though. I also love tikka without the sauce, with salad and naan. I used to make quite a lot of curries as I can then make them really mild.

Like you though Chinese does it for me. Greek is probably first, but proper Greek meze, not just kebabs! So there aren't many takeaways like that. I'd like on them if there were. I adore most Chinese dishes. It's one of those places I can visit and like most things on the menu. We used to go to an amazing one that always used to persuade us to have more things. They did the nicest beef ribs, but in tiny mouthful with no bone (that always puts me off ribs, they're too messy and not enough meat) Mouth watering thinking about it.

Anyone found a good Chinese in Orlando? Also, has anyone tried Texas de Brazil? I love my meat and that would be perfect for me over there to keep carbs down! Massive salad bar and all sorts of meat.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Watergirl View Post
Makes me laugh how similar we are! I would have freaked out at getting stuck! OMG that's horrible. I always seem to be near a child that does things like that. In fact children seem to gravitate towards me sometimes. We went to AK I think and were doing some safari thing and this little girl didn't want to sit near her Mum and kept shifting along next to me! Was very funny. Me too! The funniest thing was when we were queuing for Splah Mountain and this little girl took a shine to Alex and her stressed out parents, who couldn't care less what she was doign just left her to bug him. She kept treading on his heels and poking him in the back with ehr finger. Then at one point she grabbed him and put her feet on top of his and said ''can you carry me?'' I literally had tears rolling down my face with laughter as Alex was doing his bvest to ignore her and looking away but at the pount when she trod on his feet and had her arms wrapped round his waist he just didn't know what to do and instead, turned round, little girl still attached and shuffled over to her parents and said something like ''um...is this yours?'' and pointed down at her with disgust. Honestly it was so so funny, im laughing just thinking about it!
Lol at getting stuck on Dinosaur - I think it broke down and restarted when we went.

So funny you getting asked about the Queen. Last time I went and was in the hotel spa about to get a massage when two Americans started telling me how sorry they were about Diana and asking if I was okay. tooo funny! Hope you got over it Liz! I get tired of saying where I come from and end up saying near London. It used to be Peterborough and I'd get 'where's that' so I'd say near Cambridge thinking they'd know, but no! So now I just say near London.
Aww I love Americans!

Amy - we use Fairfx and I second what Kel says and I've just seen the thread about the rate, so have bought out first lot of spending money. Wanted to spend more, but need to wait until April to pay myself a dividend and am a bit skint till then. We also have a post office card as a backup. Used to have Nationwide, but they messed me around so much I cancelled all my cards in a strop!
heee hee make me fair chuckle did that post.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Aww that is hilarious about Alex, I can just imagine it! Sounds like she was fascinated. Why are Parents like that? I'd not let mine out of my site.

We stayed at a hotel at Gatwick the night before last time. At breakfast the next day Dan was up selecting his full English and I was still at the table. A little girl came up and said 'can I come on holiday with you instead?' all smiles. Before I could answer, Dan came back and she took one look and ran off screaming. Was very funny.

Old 18 Feb 11, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Right gonna sign off for tonight ladies. Have a nice evening! Bsuy day tomorrow with wedding bits and pieces. Hopefully get on at some point though. Not sure if you're at your Parents, but have fun if so Kel.

Old 18 Feb 11, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yeah they're not too bad now that I've had my final shake. I suspect by tomorrow they'll be gone completely. Can't taste anything funny in my mouth yet, so don't think I'm quite in ketosis. Then you just have the 'head cravings' which are harder than genuine hunger pangs.

I quite like Indian, but am not a big fan of tomatoey things like you. Dan prefers tomatoey and I prefer creamy. My problem is that I cannot cope with too much spice and have been known to break out in a sweat from a korma lol. I do love naan though. I also love tikka without the sauce, with salad and naan. I used to make quite a lot of curries as I can then make them really mild.

Like you though Chinese does it for me. Greek is probably first, but proper Greek meze, not just kebabs! So there aren't many takeaways like that. I'd like on them if there were. I adore most Chinese dishes. It's one of those places I can visit and like most things on the menu. We used to go to an amazing one that always used to persuade us to have more things. They did the nicest beef ribs, but in tiny mouthful with no bone (that always puts me off ribs, they're too messy and not enough meat) Mouth watering thinking about it.

Anyone found a good Chinese in Orlando? Also, has anyone tried Texas de Brazil? I love my meat and that would be perfect for me over there to keep carbs down! Massive salad bar and all sorts of meat.
I've never had greek you know but am tempted now! I like sweet food and creamy food but its just onions that get me, do you know how hard it is to find food with no onions?! OMG I LOVE ribs but the ones with good meat not fatty ones, like the ones where it falls off the bone or even better no bone like you said.

We ahd a fab chinese last time we went AND Liz its right round the corner from Homewood! Its called China buffet and its at Goodings Plaza. Its not very well known, its cheap and cheerful but really tasy all you can eat. I thought it was lovely actually and so did Alex and my brother and his GF who we were on holiday with. The staff were grumpy as hell but you help yourself so it didn't matter, Its not posh though! Ming court on the other hand is, thats also by Homewood. I've been there quite a few times but I have mixed feelings about it, the first few times we went we thought it was nice but pricey but the last time we went I was really put off. I ordered duck rolls thinking they would be crispy and what came to my table was a big piece of duck and very large floury pancakes complete with waiter to shred duck and roll pankcakes and hand them to me one by one. What he ended up giving me was these very soggy cucumer filled rolled with all the skin, complete with any unplucked hairy bits and a big thick layer of fat off the duck in each roll, how I didn't throw up is beyond me and I had to eat them as he stood there the whole time waiting for me to finish before giving me the next one. I threw up later that night. They were absolutley vile and I made a big menu error there. Since then I've stayed away from there but I may be being a bit harsh. Would deffo go to the buffet again though.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Aww that is hilarious about Alex, I can just imagine it! Sounds like she was fascinated. Why are Parents like that? I'd not let mine out of my site.

We stayed at a hotel at Gatwick the night before last time. At breakfast the next day Dan was up selecting his full English and I was still at the table. A little girl came up and said 'can I come on holiday with you instead?' all smiles. Before I could answer, Dan came back and she took one look and ran off screaming. Was very funny.
Yes am at parents tomorrow. Have a good evening. Am off myself to exercise. xx
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i think my shakes should be at the flat by now but i'm at home so they will be my lunch next week! then i can order my powder if i like it! fingers crossed as that would make my meals so much easier!

i've heard ming court is quite good, but never been. i like korma for indian, nothing else really. love my chips and nan bread with the korma sauce!
chinese is my fav though. excited for the food in orlando!

thanks for advice on the card, guess i'll get some next week! hope the rate goes up even more!
Old 18 Feb 11, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

hi everyone, il be sticking around dont worry kel! as long as everyone else does haha! i know iv had to move all my small candles and stones coz they just go striaght in his mouth atm! told lucy too to make sure she keeps all her small toys away!

i'v ALWAYS loved rides just love goin to florida and on the hulk and stuff, i love spiderman too thats one of my best rides!

so you know fairfx can you use it in every shop, places like sizzler ect? i was looking at these but was worried that we wouldn't be able to use them every where. if you can think i will buy half our spends now!

book our villa the toher night got 6bedrooms 4bathrooms stayin on terra verde, did i tell you all cant remeber lol! only cost £1,300!

today
been gym hour
B: 2toast
D:omlette and rice
T:soreen and crackers
S: half break bar

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 11, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Oh yes Rach I forgot about Spiderman! That's a fab ride!
Yep you can use Fairfx everywhere just like a normal switch card. It's a MasterCard so is accepted everywhere. You can't go over drawn with it though so once you've spent your funds on it that's it but you can top up online, over the phone or text. I think I might get some dollars on it this weekend as the rate is good.
Villa sounds lovely Rach! Exercise and food great too.
You've got your hands full now with two mobile little ones! Have you sorted your dress yet? X
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Closed Thread