Old 23 Nov 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Moving photos, phone to tablet no wifi?

Hi, my wife has a sumsung s7 and I'm thinking of getting her a galaxy tablet for Xmas. Is it possible to back up her photos from the phone to tablet by connecting the devices? I'm thinking for our trip next year, so we can back up our photos nightly as I'm not sure how good wifi will be. I know about cloud storage like google, photobucket and Dropbox etc but thinking along the lines of the tablet being like a hard drive as I'd like some extra insurance after many years ago having a dodgy sd card and losing loads of photos. I hope I'm making sense!
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 16, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Any Bluetooth?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 16, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
I've used Dropbox for years, I'd advise that.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

various options, including getting a small tp-link nano router/wifi access point and so youve got a local wifi network wherever you want that the two devices can both connect to - amazon/TP-LINK-TL-...9ee5043f39ef82

uploading to dropbox is a good option, as it a USB OTG adapter like this one:

amazon/KiwiBird%C2...e5413d641e6748

basically using something like "es file explorer" on your phone, plug in the adapter and a memory card or usb stick you want to back up on and copy the files over. for additional backup, you can then plug the otg adapter into the tablet and copy them off the usb stick so you have them stored in three places. but plugging things in over and over is a faff. personally, i'd go with the nano router option if dropbox/cloud storage isnt an option.

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Google Photo, download the app and it will sync your photos to a google account, if you don't have one just create one, that way you can download the app on your tablet and they'll be there also!

Great little app!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

If you set the two devices up with the same Google account it should just happen automagically when you open the Google Photo app.
Old 13 Dec 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I'm wondering if the challenge the OP has is that the devices will have no internet connectivity whilst they are away.

Putting on my simple hat - does the S7 have a Micro SD slot?
Old 13 Dec 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I'm wondering if the challenge the OP has is that the devices will have no internet connectivity whilst they are away.
that was my assumption above, hence either the nano router to create a common access point anywhere they go, or using a USB OTG adapter to copy between devices
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post

Putting on my simple hat - does the S7 have a Micro SD slot?
Yes on re-reading, but OP's fears about what happened with his faulty SD card are very unlikely to occur storing stuff on the internal memory of the tablet / phone.

Any solution transferring stuff from tablet to phone and vice versa is likely to be a faff...

OP could look at USB OTG and use a cheap usb stick for backup if they're really that worried.

Oh, and never buy SD cards from a source you don't know anything about (i.e. eBay or third party sellers on Amazon). A HUGE number of them are pirated fakes.

edit: The S7 has a micro SD card slot BTW.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Direct Wifi transfer.
androidpolice/2016/01...tween-devices/
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread