Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hong Kong and where else?

We’re planning on visiting Hong Kong for a week and the autumn and would like to visit somewhere else for maybe 3 next guys as well.

We’ve ruled out Japan and Shanghai as they are planned for other trips and also we don’t want to visit Dubai. It could be beach or city though.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Singapore isnt a bad destination. 3 days is a little low but you can get a lot out of it. We did a few days stop to Singapore on our way from HK to Cairns, plenty to do.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I second Singapore. We did Singapore and Hong Kong last year and loved it all. Remember there is a Universal in Singapore if you want to hit a theme park.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Singapore is 4 hours from HK so might work! Also I suspect that if you book with Cathay Pacific (hub in HK) or Singapore Airlines (hub in Singapore) you can probably book either London-HK-Singapore or London-Singapore-HK for not that much more than London-HK or London-Singapore. Or alternatively, lots of budget airline flights between the two cities too.

But there are also a lot of other possible destinations in the area... Taiwan, Bangkok, KL? And you could also pop over to Macau from HK as well...
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I second Singapore. We did Singapore and Hong Kong last year and loved it all. Remember there is a Universal in Singapore if you want to hit a theme park.
I didn't realise that there is a Universal there, I'll have to start researching Singapore.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Singapore is 4 hours from HK so might work! Also I suspect that if you book with Cathay Pacific (hub in HK) or Singapore Airlines (hub in Singapore) you can probably book either London-HK-Singapore or London-Singapore-HK for not that much more than London-HK or London-Singapore. Or alternatively, lots of budget airline flights between the two cities too.

But there are also a lot of other possible destinations in the area... Taiwan, Bangkok, KL? And you could also pop over to Macau from HK as well...
Thank you for the suggested airlines.
Old 23 Mar 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Singapore, I think you can cram quite a lot into 3 days there, Universal is small but a really great park, there's also a decent waterpark at the same resort on Sentosa Island and of course there's Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands which are well worth a visit.
Old 31 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Shanghai might be another to investigate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggerishtink
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just come back from a stay in Singapore Vietnam cruise and stay in Hong Kong and I would def recommend Singapore. We loved the Gardens by the Bay and having a Singapore sling at Raffles. Also a trip to the top of the Marina Bay Sands. Very hot and humid but must be the cleanest place ever.
Old 5 Apr 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by tiggerishtink View Post
Just come back from a stay in Singapore Vietnam cruise and stay in Hong Kong and I would def recommend Singapore. We loved the Gardens by the Bay and having a Singapore sling at Raffles. Also a trip to the top of the Marina Bay Sands. Very hot and humid but must be the cleanest place ever.
Thanks, Singapore seems to be coming out as top of the recommendations.