Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Salmon paste - good for poor people (like me)

It has been decades since I bought salmon paste, and by chance I bought some today and put it on bread. It brought back a lot of memories when I was young (when the grass was greener, the sky was bluer and smiles were bright), although it's mainly for poor people (like me) it is better than going hungry.

If you too are poor, please buy some salmon paste.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Love salmon and crab spread, especially in whole grain bread sandwiches, even better with cucumber in said sarnie.
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Used to love these as a child- might try to recreate my youth 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I like salmon paste with cucumber in a sandwich yet haven't had it for ages , that and the M&S beef paste , I must get some in , thanks for reminding me about it 😊
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure we had shrimp spread, could be dreaming though. I remember my mum buying s pink tin of salmon and adding tomato sauce so it looked like the more expensive red salmon. Oh the good old days.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ohh I used to like the beef one as a child made a change from dripping 😉
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
In a bizarre coincidence, on the community forum I run, someone started a thread today about having paste in their sandwiches.

This was their paste. He must be even poorer than you MH. The poster in question on my site is also a bit of a card, just like you.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Got some in the fridge

Disney32
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
In a bizarre coincidence, on the community forum I run, someone started a thread today about having paste in their sandwiches.

This was their paste. He must be even poorer than you MH. The poster in question on my site is also a bit of a card, just like you.

I guess I must be considerably richer than him to be able to afford princes salmon paste

When you say he is a card like me, does a 'card' mean he's also a mentalist?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It has been decades since I bought salmon paste, and by chance I bought some today and put it on bread. It brought back a lot of memories when I was young (when the grass was greener, the sky was bluer and smiles were bright), although it's mainly for poor people (like me) it is better than going hungry.

If you too are poor, please buy some salmon paste.

Poor? You're just showing off...I could only dream of having something as exotic as salmon paste on my sandwiches for school
Lemon curd or raspberry jam on ours...no need for an afters
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List