Notices

Old 28 Mar 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 14

We all woke up gradually this morning. I woke about 7am, DS started stirring about 7.30 but played happily and quietly in his pack and play, Dd and DH woke up at 8am. While discussing our plans for the day we decided that magic kingdom was out and I cancelled our fastpasses and made some for Epcot instead. I suggested we go for breakfast at the yacht club as i had heard good things about ale and compass. I looked on my Disney experience and got us a reservation for 9.40am which worked really well by the time we got ready and made our way over there.
We checked in and were seated about 10 minutes later. Our server explained the menu to us we could either order a la Carte or do the buffet option for $23 for adults, $13 for children and that included one entree and our drinks. This is fantastic value so we went with the buffet option.

We ordered drinks, Diet Coke for me, apple juice got Dd and coffee for DH and then went and helped ourselves to the buffet.

There was a huge selection which was very impressive! There were seasonal fruits, yoghurt, granola, pastries, muffins, biscuits and crazy, oatmeal, cheeses and ham Smoked salmon, bagels.

For our entrees I had the eggs Benedict which was 2 poached eggs on a English muffin with bbq pork loin, tomato and hollandaise sauce. It was served with breakfast potatoes. This was delicious! The breakfast potatoes had pieces of sweet potato in them and were really good! The eggs were cooked perfectly and there was the ideal amount of sauce with them.

DH had the dark chocolate waffles, he absolutely loved these. He was stuffed by the end but didn't want any to go to waste as they were so delicious. I tried some and the waffle and cream was delicious, I'm not a fan of cherry really but together it was really nice.

Dd had the kids blueberry pancakes which were absolutely delicious, I finished these off for her as even though I was beyond stuffed these were the nicest pancakes I've ever tasted and I couldn't let them go to waste. They were served with a bottle of syrup and some butter and she got a side of frozen yoghurt covered fruit.

Our total after the dvc 10% discount was taken off was $56 and it was an absolute bargain for the quality of the food. We were all blown away by this meal and it is a total hidden gem.

I'd made some fastpasses earlier for Epcot so after breakfast we made our way through the international gateway and into Epcot, our first stop was test track for a rider switch with our fastpass.

Next as it was not too hot we decided it would be a good opportunity to wander around the world showcase and have a few drinks. We headed round in a clockwise direction and checked out the first few offerings in Mexico, Norway, China and Germany but nothing struck our fancy. Our first beverage was had in Italy where I had a glass of Pinot Grigio and DH had a Chianti. This came to $16 for them both and we sat in the Italy pavilion enjoying them in the sun and people watching.

Next we continued along to America, while walking through we spotted a family with some great looking slushy cocktails so we asked them where they got them from and they pointed us in the direction of the shaved ice counter in Japan. We made our way there where DH and I both had an alcoholic coconut and pineapple slush which were $9 each and absolutely delicious, they tasted just like Malibu and pineapple and lasted for ages, they were much bigger than they looked.
Dd got a cherry flavoured shaved ice and loved this, she's got an obsession with cherry flavour at the moment.

Next we walked in through Morocco and stopped on France where more wine was on the cards. DH had a Bordeaux and I had a rose, they were both very nice and were $8.50 each.

By now we were starting to get hungry so headed inside to boulangerie patisserie les halles where the queue was much smaller than the other day. We got a few things to share here.
A quiche loraine served warm which was absolutely delicious! It was really gooey and soft.

A croque Monsieur also served warm which was really good and had plenty of cheese and ham.

A bowl of lobster bisque which lovely but didn't have much lobster in.

We got a couple of desserts to share too, a crime brûlée which has a lovely crisp top and no hint of a burnt taste, this was my favourite!

And my usual favourite from here the duo au chocolate which is 2 chocolate mousses on a chocolate cake base covered in chocolate ganache. This was nice but the crime brûlée was the winner.

Total came to $33.82 which wasn't too bad as it was all really delicious and enough for the 3 of us.

Next we had a fastpass for mission space, I wasn't interested in doing this so Dd and DH went on and we didn't bother with rider switch. They did the orange version for the first time for Dd and she absolutely loved it! Crazy girl, even the green makes me feel abit ill.
While they were on mission space I picked up a fastpass for spaceship earth. As this is Dds favourite ride and is closing soon for a lobg refurb I felt we had to get as many rides in as possible.

After spaceship earth we made our way back to beach club and picked up our refillable mugs and decided to continue our drinking with a couple of our own drinks in our mugs while having a wander around the boardwalk. We stopped and watched the sideshows which we love and find mesmerising. One guy was juggling with knives while standing on a rolling board!

DH was starting to flag and with moonlight magic in mind tomorrow night we decided to head back to the room for a relatively early night for him. Dd and I weren't tired so we decided to head back out for an hour and she decided the boardwalk was her place of choice to head. We stopped at the pizza window and got a meatball sub with chips to share, this was pretty good! Plenty of big meatballs and sauce and mozzarella, it took a while to be ready though. We ordered and paid and were given a buzzer which took 15 minutes to go off!

After our shared sub we wandered next door to ample hills for some ice cream. There was quite the queue but it didn't take too long to get served. Dd and I went for the ice cream flight which is 6 small scoops of any 6 flavours of ice cream of your choice. This cost $9.99 and was fantastic value for the amount we got! It was more than enough to share between 2 of us. We chose 3 of the flavours each, Dd went for milk and cream cookies, strawberries & cream and cotton candy. I chose ooey gooey butter cake, pb wins the cup and butter pecan brittle. All 3 that I picked were excellent and the strawberries and cream. We struggled to pick a favourite but probably the butter pecan brittle. After our ice cream we were feeling slightly chilly so we walked back to the beach club and had a sit in the lobby for a while before bed. Dd watched the short cartoons on the tv and I just people watched. I absolutely love this resort lobby it smells amazing and had such a calm and lovely atmosphere.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 28 Mar 20 3:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for your postings, really enjoying them.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Oh I’m really pleased to see you’re carrying on with the report - hope you are all well.

Your breakfast looks lovely and definitely good value. All the entrees sound delicious. Somewhere to add to my list.

A nice relaxing day in Epcot today.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan