Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 May 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
NR1972
New Poster (2)

Mobile Parks at Easter advice

Been a long-time reader of this great forum without ever posting.

But now I have a question if anyone can help?

We were booked for August 2020... 3 nights Opal Sands in Clearwater, 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel and 12 nights in villa for all the parks.

It’s just not going to be the same with potential restrictions... so thinking of moving to 2021.

How busy are the parks at Easter? I fear it is going to be a shock. In the last 2 weeks of August you can take your pick of loungers at Aquatica, walk straight on rides at Sea World etc.

Can Easter get done with Fast Passes etc?

We would normally shift straight to August but we think our son will be in university in America by then. We want one last go-around together before he moves to the US.

All advice greatly received.
NR1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Done Easter a few times and yes it's busy but if your up and at it early with Fast Passes it is easily do able. One mistake we made was booking our fast passes too early so if your in the park for rope drop you will get on a number of rides before you need the FP (book them for 11ish as you will have already had 3 hours in the park). I see your stopping at HRH so no problem with universal FP's, water parks get there early and you will still get your choice of lounges etc
Old 10 May 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NR1972
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Thanks very much. We’re pretty good at getting up and out so we can get some afternoon pool time before dinner.
NR1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cakesandbuns
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Done Easter a few times and yes it's busy but if your up and at it early with Fast Passes it is easily do able. One mistake we made was booking our fast passes too early so if your in the park for rope drop you will get on a number of rides before you need the FP (book them for 11ish as you will have already had 3 hours in the park). I see your stopping at HRH so no problem with universal FP's, water parks get there early and you will still get your choice of lounges etc
Couldn’t agree more. With planning it’s relatively straight forward. The later Easter is the better as it doesn’t clash with Spring Break so much, which is when it gets really busy. We always go at Easter now because what you lose in higher crowds, you gain in the temperature not tiring you out so much.

Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV 2012 Wyndham LBV 2014 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 2015 Caribbean Beach Resort / Disney Wonder 2016 Regal Oaks 2018 Select Villas 2020
Cakesandbuns is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Love Easter, weather is perfect, not too humid like later in summer. Just plan well, early arrival and leave when the kids start moaning and enjoy some villa/hotel time.

First time we went was July and we thought it was our 'first and last' time. Spent the first week getting to the parks at opening and leaving at close, myself and wife were shattered so you can imagine what the kids were like, 2nd week we hardly went to the parks as we were so tired. Learnt our lesson!

It's a holiday at the end of the day and you'll never do everything...hence why I'm (hoping) to go on our third trip nexy year.
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to hijack thread, with our holidays being slightly later and probably having to move from August, we are also looking at moving to Easter.

I know it's an probably an impossible question to answer, but what what weeks do the exclude from the DDP for the Easter period ?
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List