Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 May 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyGB
Getting Excited

We rode it our first trip, luckily it was towards the end of the trip as on the drive back from Busch I started to develop vertigo and the final 3 days I was stuck in the room at the All Star Movies and the girls who were probably 8 and 10 entertained themselves around the complex.
AndyGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I have such amazing memories of Gwazi, when it was a wooden coaster - as you stated it rattled the fillings from your teeth, but it was the most incredible ride, the whole ride shook and had the most incredible sound to it.
For all the coasters that throw so many G at you as you are catapulted around, nothing has the same impact as Gwazi You literally struggled to find your land legs again, before you joined the queue to ride again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I think I only did gwazi once but it was a great ride.
Love wooden coasters - one of the reasons I love Port Aventura and Blackpool Pleasure beach.
Great rattlers - they don't have to be as high or as fast as some coasters are now , none of these upside down or corkscrew type bits to disorientate you either.
Fun times
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Only rode Gwazi once. Loved it but I honestly didn't think we were going to survive one of those turns. So hard and fast in that split second you wonder how on earth the car stayed on the track in one piece.

Great memories, not sad it's away just can't wait to ride the Iron Gwazi when we finally get back.

Edit: DW absolutely hated it...I think that adds to my love for it!

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
This ride was the worse ride I had ever been on. It used to shake the fillings outta yer teeth and make kids cry. But now it's being converted to s hybrid coaster using steel rails.
Anyone else remember going on this ride

Iron Gwazi is an upcoming steel roller coaster under construction at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay amusement park in Tampa, Florida. Being built and designed by Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC), it will feature RMC's patented I-Box Track technology. Iron Gwazi will reuse a large portion of the wooden structure that existed when the coaster was known as Gwazi, making it a hybrid roller coaster that utilizes a combination of steel and wood. It will become the tallest hybrid roller coaster in North America when it opens, as well as being the joint tallest hybrid coaster alongside Zadra at Energylandia which shares a similar layout. It will also be the steepest and fastest hybrid roller coaster in the world.[1] It is expected to open in 2020
Gwazi was our first and last ride at Busch.
Painful, nauseating, dangerously disturbing and thoroughly unpleasant.
Still feel sick thinking about it almost 20 years on.
Old 26 May 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Both loved and hated Gawzi at the same time last time we rode it (2014) I really hope given how close it was to opening pre covid that they have finished the remaining work before October. Can’t wait to see how the new version compares, from what I’ve seen of the track it looks pretty special
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
daves13
Getting Excited

I loved it!

It shakes that bad a wee bit of pee came!
daves13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Gwazi was the best ride Busch Gardens had, it was different to what anybody else had, gave you a different experience with it being wooden (good or bad)...They had too many complaints from customers so had to change it...for me it was fantastic and I'll always miss the old Gwazi.
Old 27 May 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Never ridden anymore wooden coasters after the wooden Hurricane at Boardwalk & Baseball, I thought I was going to pass out, it was horrendous. DS has never let me forget my fishwife language
'Fishwife' That's a term that has unfortunately been rendered obsolete through common usage

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Explain, you have lost me there