Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Please check your luggage with Virgin
I booked through KLM code share with VA for May 2020.
Booked light, and although it showed economy classic on my paperwork on Virgin system showed no luggage.
Was nice to be able to book seats though 😁
Old 24 May 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

I took a punt a few weeks ago and booked return flights over feb half term. We are 2 adults and 3 kids and paid £1340 direct lgw (now lhr) - mco with luggage. Had i been able to book the week before (i was awaiting al to be approved) i could have booked for £1100 but still thought it was worth a punt even at the increased price.
Now 🤞 we can go!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
I took a punt a few weeks ago and booked return flights over feb half term. We are 2 adults and 3 kids and paid £1340 direct lgw (now lhr) - mco with luggage. Had i been able to book the week before (i was awaiting al to be approved) i could have booked for £1100 but still thought it was worth a punt even at the increased price.
Now 🤞 we can go!
What dates did you book please?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Now 🤞 we can go!
Fingers crossed for you! We've booked Feb half term too, great fly drive deal with BA. If restrictions are still in place then we would have to think long and hard about going. Lets home there's some kind of normal!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In the end I booked BA fully changeable fare to Miami from Heathrow- £600 each for Easter hols and no issue with changes at any time or luggage. The deal with KLM was a bit cheaper at £500 each for my dates. I called them up to ask whether the cancellation policy definately applied to the 'Lite' fare, and she said no. I asked her to check with a supervisor and she said they were a little confused but it did not seem to exclude light fare on their system, so make sure I take screenshots. I don't want a situation where I cannot change the flight as and when I want, or having to battle it out, and so with that and the uncertainty over luggage, plus BA/ AA are more likely to be trading than VA (not saying VA will go bust but obviously a chance) I though the extra £100 each was worth the peace of mind for fully changeable flights. I can even go in and change now if I want on the system so I know no messing about.

Edited at 11:59 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tylergeorgia View Post
Please check your luggage with Virgin
I booked through KLM code share with VA for May 2020.
Booked light, and although it showed economy classic on my paperwork on Virgin system showed no luggage.
Was nice to be able to book seats though 😁
I have been on to "Manage my Booking" on VA and it's Economy Classic with baggage and seats.

I spoke to a KLM advisor on Messenger before I bought my flights and they confirmed that if I need to amend my dates I will be able to FOC unless changing to another class of booking, in which case I'll need to pay the difference. I have kept the conversation.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List