Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Sep 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Alamo skip the counter - tale of 2 cars!

So I hired 2 cars this trip as there were 2 families travelling.

On doing STC i had a balance showing on both and had to give credit card details, following the advice on here (and common sense) i wenth through this and had no problems.

On pickig up the cars on both rental agreements charges were showing rather than the usual $0 balance. I had expected the pre pay for the fuel but this showed the entire rental again. I queried it with the attendant and again with a supervisor and was told that the "voucher" for my prepayment would be applied on rental return.

Well it did... for one car

for the other i have been charged the full rental
i'm on the phone with them now getting it sorted, if they can;t do it i'm sure i can get it back through my credit card company but its a little annoying. I did check the receipts when i returned the car and one clearly shows a "voucher" being applied and the balance is the fuel, the other doesnt.
I did query again at the kiosk and the supervisor there didnt havea clue what had happened and suggested i call Alamo if charges did actually appear on my card once i got home as she wasnt sure they actually would.

In fact the Alamo helpdesk cannot help and the team at MCO will apparently need to call me back

its so strange, the only thing different on each car was the lead driver... everything else was the same so i assune its down to who presses what buttons at the time of booking the car out.

i'm confident i'll get my money one way or the other but annoying all the same. i should have stuck to my guns and pushed harder at the time but to be honest i was a) wanting to start my holiday when we arrived and b) worried about the queues at security when we left and having to chase them now from my office whilst doing other work at the same time isnt the worst thing in the world, just mildly annoying.

Chocs
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

OK so update

i called the MCO booth myself (no patience ) and the attendent said she couldnt work out what had happened.

She left to speak to a supervisor and came back almost instantly and i was told that the supervisor was aware of the issue and she ahd another 4 rentals with the same problem on her desk. Apparently the website booking isnt applying over the prepayment.
I was promised 24-48 hours money back in my account.

Still not sure why it worked for one car and not the other though but at least they are sorting it.

Will update you when money is returned.
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List