Notices

Old 13 Mar 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Dancing in DLP

So a little backstory to the Trip report title. Back in November 2017, my wife came across a Dance project in our hometown (St Helens) who were holding open auditions for dancers to perform in a show taking place in Disneyland Paris.

My 8-year-old daughter is Dance mad and always has been as far back as she's walked shes danced and pranced across a room. She has had no formal dance training and takes everything from music videos and youtube videos and spends hours practicing them in her room.

Anyway, a couple of weeks later the auditions took place and then came to the waiting process... 1 week later my wife received a phone call to say she had a place! To say we were over the moon is an understatement. As a father, I couldn't help but cry with pure joy and pride for my little girl. This was her first audition and she nailed it.

As part of the Project, all dancers have an opportunity to dance with a Disney professional in DLP. These things are just once in a lifetime and not many people have these opportunities so we a grabbing it with both hands and enjoying it.

So fast forward to December and the training starts. She dances every week with the tutors and every other minute she gets spare at home.

Training is hard but she is loving it. We've had our ups and downs with it but coming on leaps and bounds.

The Dance project has taken care of everything from transport to hotels etc the only thing left to do was book a flight for myself and my son separate as the wife and daughter have to travel by coach with the dance project.

Here we are

Dan & Lou

And the Kids

Sophie and Harry (World Bookday Photos)

Oh and the other 2 kids who will be on their own holiday

Bella the Basset and Beau the Springer.

The Trip
• 3 Days in DLP staying in the Hotel Cheyenne
• 1st August - 3rd August 2018
• Wife & Sophie will be setting off by Coach 31st July to meet us on the 1st.
• I and Harry fly out from Manchester at 6 am and fly home to Liverpool at 9 pm. Leaving us with 3 full days in DLP
• Sophies Dance show at MK
• Sophie also has a dance workshop with a Disney dancer in DLP
---
Not much is planned yet as we are awaiting confirmation of the dance date, we believe it to be the middle day in the morning. I think they are dancing at MK. Once we have all details confirmed I shall update here accordingly.

Only things we planned on doing was going for a meal at the Rainforest Cafe as my daughter loved it there when we went to Florida in 2011.
--

so this is where we are to date. Plenty left to arrange IE Dogs Accommodation, Transfers from CDG to DLP for me and the boy and a few other bits and bobs.

**June Update**

I've been wondering to book a night before stay at the hotel in Manchester as to save the super early wake up, but with costs for a single night for me and the dude coming in at over £100 I could not justify it.

Good old dad stepped in and him and my mum are taking us the to the airport early on the Wednesday.

Tuesday 31st July plans are to take the dogs to their boarding house. Its a friend of a friend and an hours drive away, they stayed here in January when we had a break away at Centre Parcs and they loved it. Plus the cost was a lot cheaper too.. and its all about saving that little extra so we have more to spend on holiday right? !

and I've booked our return transfer too with Prestige Transfer after looking at the train options and coaches, and with another Dibb member recommending this and seeing it pop up a few times online I've done it.

120 euro return for me and harry, pick up from arrivals and drop off at the hotel door! Less stress for me traveling with an almost 5 year old who's going to have to be dragged out of bed at 3.30am!

Rehearsals are going well, Sophie as 2 dress rehearsals in July and 2 show performances for those not attending the Disney show. We will find out more details as tho when and where the show will take place a little closer to the time.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
dangallimore is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Wow, what a great trip and well done to your daughter! Can't wait to read all about it.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
CanIMoveToWDW
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Wow what an amazing opportunity!
CanIMoveToWDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Little update

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Wow, what a great trip and well done to your daughter! Can't wait to read all about it.
Thank you, Just added a little update. Not much going on. We've just returned from a week in Sunny Cornwall!

Originally Posted by CanIMoveToWDW View Post
Wow what an amazing opportunity!
Thank you, yes it is and not that we are pushy parents its quite the opposite but she was scared to audition but we persuaded her to and she smashed it.

She performs with the school choir and dance group but nothing on this level.
Old 5 Jun 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Oh how fabulous - enjoy every minute.

Having experienced this I can say she will have a ball. Both my daughters have danced at DLP and had a workshop with the choreographers and it was awesome.

Something they will never forget.