Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Pre travel panic

Does anyone panic as the trip approaches?

I'm very organised, done all the planning weeks ago. Esta's done before I'd booked. Fast passes and dining done. Suitcase out and things starting to go in. Shopping stuff nearly finished with only a few bits needed. Reckon I'll be ok this time and no panics.

and then with just over 3 weeks to go it started last night! I was sat in bed worrying the passports were out of date. And then I was thinking about the esta's. Nearly got up to check it all. I've checked this morning and they're all fine...of course.

Is it just that the massive countdown and the excitement building puts me under pressure. How do people stop getting panicky about forgetting something?

I hate feeling stressed but this always happens. any ideas how to help?

DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I get like it aswell, you're not alone.
I always get scared that i am going to forget something even though i have a week worth of checklists to do everyday with the single digit countdown begins.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

I stress out about it now already and I still have agesssss!

If you don't already then make lists for the really important stuff so you don't forget them. that way if you forget small things you can get them out there! Is America not Antarctica! hehe

Try to relax about it or you may put too much pressure on your holiday which could lead to disappointment.

If all your planning hits the fan, you are still in Florida on the best holiday ever. I would much rather be at Disney and all plans go down the drain than at home!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks Guys.

We have been so many times and ALWAYS had a fantastic time. I need to chill. I do write lists...I have a few. Maybe I might do a checklist with a date and signature on it so I know I've definitely checked it...10 x

And then I go all excited and can't contain my excitement...so I do a little Disney dance.
What I don't get is why everyone doesn't love it like me and my family. They are so missing out.
Right off to get that checklist written. Lol
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DDD View Post
Thanks Guys.

We have been so many times and ALWAYS had a fantastic time. I need to chill. I do write lists...I have a few. Maybe I might do a checklist with a date and signature on it so I know I've definitely checked it...10 x

And then I go all excited and can't contain my excitement...so I do a little Disney dance.
What I don't get is why everyone doesn't love it like me and my family. They are so missing out.
Right off to get that checklist written. Lol
Hhaha sounds like great dance! I was saying Yesterday to my OH I so excited for it at the moment. the Response I got "i will be excited once its paid for" que falling back to reality with a thud! haha
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Very easy to get worried about this type of holiday!

I did it myself when we went in March.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

This is me right now and not sure what has caused it as we have done this plenty of times. It all falls on me, every booking, every document, every everything!

I am about to make a list (spreadsheet to tick off) and list everything that needs/should be booked with ref numbers, dates checked from when we leave the house to when we leave Florida. Call me OCD but that is the only way I can do it this time. Once it is checked and ticked I don't have to worry again, well this is the plan. I am not working at mo so need to fill my days (according to DH anyway). DH just packs the day before we go and drives to the airport...

And breathe!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Nah. Five weeks to go and we still haven't booked many aspects of the holiday...

- Heathrow hotel
- Heathrow parking
- Car to get from Tampa to the Beach Club
- Whatever we are going to do with the last 11 nights of our holiday - in the mix are the Contemporary for a few days, a Disney cruise, and an AirBnb on the Gulf coast

Whatever we choose for those last 11 nights will also require a/some car hires etc too.

And before all that I expect to book and take a cheeky week away to either Orlando or New York with my daughter to fly out on the 5th July.

Panic schmanic!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Nah. Five weeks to go and we still haven't booked many aspects of the holiday...

- Heathrow hotel
- Heathrow parking
- Car to get from Tampa to the Beach Club
- Whatever we are going to do with the last 11 nights of our holiday - in the mix are the Contemporary for a few days, a Disney cruise, and an AirBnb on the Gulf coast

Whatever we choose for those last 11 nights will also require a/some car hires etc too.

And before all that I expect to book and take a cheeky week away to either Orlando or New York with my daughter to fly out on the 5th July.

Panic schmanic!
You obviously like paying over the top for airport hotel and parking. So much cheaper if you book it when you book flights. We got T4 Premier inn £34 and T2/3 Long stay 16 nights £76.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

My irrational panic is that when we get to check in it will be a) wrong date, b) they don't have our details. I also completely understand the compulsion to check things in the middle of the night. Never used to get like this so I've put it down to being a woman of a certain age!

As far as I'm concerned the holiday only starts once the plane has taken off.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List