Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 30 Jan 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolabelle
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

There’s a Walgreens just a little up the road also which closes at 12pm. Towards champions gate direction. Literally 2 minute drive away.
Lolabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Perfect thank you!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Use google maps to find Highlands Reserve and then you can zoom in/out and navigate on the map locally and click on all the businesses around. Google gives you their opening times... plus useful as they show reviews and busy times as well which sometimes help.

Edited... just had a quick look, there’s a Walmart open 24 hours about a 9 minute drive north up the 27, just past the 192 junction on the right hand side.

Edited at 06:50 PM.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks a mil, was doing that just the closest ones were all closed at 10. I’ll find somewhere!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at Highlands Reserve last visit and going again this year - judging by your countdown we will overlap!
We got to the Publix about 9.45pm last time and it’s certainly handy. But the Walmart is only a few minutes further up and would be a better bet. We’ve used the convenience store and I didn’t feel comfortable in it to be honest. Would definitely go to Walmart over the convenience every time - but hopefully you will get to Publix.
If it’s only for breakfast bits why not take something out with you?
Highlands Reserve is a lovely area and can’t wait to go back. Bamboo Wok is definitely recommended- we got take out on way home from parks and there was so much it did for dinner the next night too!
Ihop is convenient too for a first morning breakfast - we always have a chill day first day to go ihop then Walmart then pool at villa. Don’t hesitate to ask anything about the villa area
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks so much info is brilliant. Spent many years planning this so hope we picked right. Dying to walk to Berry Town Center and have a drink without having to drive!
I’m very excited! If we land on time we’ll make publix or CVS it’s the just in case!
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Thanks so much info is brilliant. Spent many years planning this so hope we picked right. Dying to walk to Berry Town Center and have a drink without having to drive!
I’m very excited! If we land on time we’ll make publix or CVS it’s the just in case!
I know I've already posted on here a few times but if you want any more information on local restaurants please let me know.

If you do get to Publix on the first night I can recommend their fried chicken. We never feel like a restaurant meal on our first night and always buy some with a bit of salad. Their range of Boar's Head cooked meats is also excellent.

One different thing about Publix compared with Walmart and Target is that the carrier bag fillers at check out will offer to take them to your car. They wear badges saying "Gratuities are not expected"

Mick

Edited at 05:54 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh good to know! Will take any and all advice! The more food recommendations the better!
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Oh good to know! Will take any and all advice! The more food recommendations the better!
Apologies but because we've stayed in the area so many times I have posted this a number of times so I've saved it in Word. It's written for Highgate Park so just adjust things by a mile. Some things like the 24/7 Walmart I mentioned ages ago

Travel east on the 192 and after 5/10 minutes you will be in a short stretch of road with Manny’s, Culvers, Longhorn, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster, Joes Crab Shack, Bonefish Grill, Outback, Carrabbas, Millers Ale House, Cracker Barrel, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Robin, Applebees, Fords, Hooters - bound to have missed a couple

Over in Champions Gate you’ll find another Millers, Red Robin, First Watch (for breakfast) and Chillis.

Go south on 27 for a couple of minutes to Berry Town Center and there’s an Applebees, iHOP and Bamboo Wok (a good Chinese take-out). Further south on 27 near Posner Park (I-4 interchange) and there’s a Bob Evans and just past Posner a nice Ovation Bistro.

There’s a Walmart at Cagan Crossings about 10 minutes north on the 27, a Target on the 192 near Longhorns and a couple of Publix. One at Summer Bay at the end of 192 and one at Berry.

Mick

Edited at 05:08 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Will definitely be trying a few of them, our list is almost identical. Bahama Breeze is my all time favourite