Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Apr 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t think they will open it until they can open it properly. I certainly wouldn’t pay to go for a half experience, it would hardly be magical.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it will be a phased opening, with Disney Springs and the resorts opening as soon as they're able to. Then once the parks are opened I think lots of experiences will be limited. So I'm expecting no parades/fireworks/shows, virtual queues, no face character meets etc.
If that's the case & it is at least partially opened by the end of September I'll still go on my trip but I completely understand why people wouldn't want to until they can have the full experience.
Old 8 Apr 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

May have been mentioned on another thread but DFB were quoting Bob Iger and referencing temperature testing on entry to parks. I would never get in as I always roasting in Florida 😂
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Having a similar discussion elsewhere in relation to Disneyland California.
  • Would you wear a mask and or gloves in the parks?
  • Would you comply with temperature checking?
  • How would you feel about no hugs at character meets or if at character meets you could only take photos of the characters, not with the characters?
  • What if the face characters were wearing masks?
  • What if ride capacity is limited so instead of all spaces in ride vehicles being filled, only half the space is filled which thereby increases wait times?
  • What if ride queues have boxes taped on the ground of where you have to stand, 6 feet away from the person in front of you and behind you, which reduces the amount of people allowed to wait in line at rides?
  • How would you feel about reduced capacity in theatres or on the train or monorail where they take out seats or rows?
  • How would you feel about cancelled shows / entertainment like Fantasmic or Fireworks or parades?

I know its an awful lot of what ifs, but this could be the new normal in the parks.

Are you willing to put up with whatever restrictions Disney decides to implement in order to make the parks operational or would you say thats it I'm done with Disney parks?

Would you put up with a lesser Disney experience if it meant that was the only way you could visit the parks?

Or would you feel cheated, that you can't get the full Disney Parks experience like you used to have or that you expected to have?

Edited at 11:24 AM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Increased prices going by some menu changes. Quite unbelievable really
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
May have been mentioned on another thread but DFB were quoting Bob Iger and referencing temperature testing on entry to parks. I would never get in as I always roasting in Florida 😂
I’m the same, but after reading how forehead thermometers work, you will be ok even if you are hot and sweaty, if you are sweating then the reading on the thermometer will most likely be lower due to the water droplets creating natural cooling.
Old 11 Apr 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

If they open the parks but don't open things like Lion King / Parade and Fireworks because of "social distancing" it will be for nothing more than appearing to do the right thing. People will be massing around the park in walk ways, on buses, restaurants, in queue lines both for rides and at the entrance.

Surely the parks can't open until there isn't a requirement for social distancing. It would simply be impossible to implement, control and expect.

I can see the parks reopening but things not opening simply down to cost cutting etc.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Are you willing to put up with whatever restrictions Disney decides to implement in order to make the parks operational or would you say thats it I'm done with Disney parks?
Nope

I would probably go somewhere like Universal / Bush Gardens but seems pointless going somewhere like Disney if it lots everything that makes it magic.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

If at the end of the day Disney cannot open as normal then it will be a waste of time opening. The parks cannot operate following the 6ft social distance rules. If there where any restrictions which will ultimately affect capacity then the parks will. omly be open for resort guests only.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Disney will reopen long before the international travel ban is lifted to the states. So should be sorted by the time we will be able to visit.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List