Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 May 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Universal Citywalk reopening 14th May

Universal Citywalk is partially reopening from this Thursday, initially only open from 4pm and only certain places opening so far (Bubba Gumps, Margaritaville, red oven pizza and voodoo doughnuts) Hollywood food and some retail outlets will also be open

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Universal City Walk

Just been following on insta the reopening of city walk. Fair few people there and looks like good measures have been put in place. I really hope things settle by when we go October 2021.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I didn’t know they had started to re-open, hopefully it all goes well for them. We’re also there October ‘21 I really want everything to be the same... but I’m not sure that it will?
Old 15 May 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Universal CityWalk reopened!

This may be posted elsewhere but can't see it. Good positive news for those still holding out hope for this summer, some restaurants open in Universal CityWalk! The theme park closure still states closed until at least May 31st.

Feels like the world is starting to reopen.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Good positive hope, but I’m afraid there’s next to no chance of anyone from the UK going in summer. Fingers crossed though.
Disney has now or is cancelling all bookings to July.
US residents or Florida residents have a chance of getting back in limited capacity over summer, but us international lot, I’d be amazed.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love City Walk!
Wish I was there now with the family
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah opened 4-10, only few things. I dont think it will be the same when we go back but im hoping its at least 80% back to normal
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Watched a couple of videos on you tube, looks well organised and each video had a some additional info to the others. So worth watching a couple of them.
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lipz
Earning More Ears

I've just watched all the videos on Youtube. It does look like they are really trying but I couldn't help but notice that there were very few people there, nothing like what it is usually like, I get they are trying it out and only allowing a certain number in but what happens when borders open, this is going to be hell to manage. Even if they do it on a pre booking system, by the time everyone spreads out, people are going to be bumping into each other.

The masks I know they have to wear them, but you could see the sweat on their faces, they are obviously Americans who are use to the heat, but what happens when we go, they'll be soaked through in a matter of minutes, more handling of the face trying to adjust them and change them, imagine the queues for toilets to wash hands and change mask.

I'm just so sad that we may not get to go back, were meant to go Easter and then decided to re book for next Easter, with flights now 1k more and the uncertainty off procedures in the park, that is, if we can even get inside I'm not sure whether to re book. It's not going to be the same, the atmosphere from the crowds and the knowing in the back of your mind that you can go where you want, stand where you want, eat where you want, that's all gone. There is going to be the constant worry of who is wearing the face mask and which of your party has pulled theirs off, whether someone is standing too close to you, if you are feeling a little extra hot that day will your temperature be too high to get in, sweating buckets.
Lipz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Maybe I’m too optimistic but I’m envisaging a much more positive return. If it is as you describe then maybe many won’t want to go and if I felt kind you do then I wouldn’t be spending such a huge sum of money on that experience.
I’m hoping that using these opportunities to start small they will work out the best way to deal with larger numbers. I’m also keeping an eye to testing and have fingers crossed for both this and a vaccine. I’m sure the current position won’t be forever. As I say, ever the optimist (although I really don’t want to wear a mask!)
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List