Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 23 May 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
flannyblue
I want to go now!

I know, we booked last year but there have been so many ups & downs over it ! We go with another family so the quarantine will destroy us and it will be difficult to re-book, so we are just riding this out in the hope that we can go. I hope the government are just doing it in an attempt to get people holidaying in the UK or to reduce the numbers travelling through airports, funny how you think when you want something hahaha
flannyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by flannyblue View Post
I know, we booked last year but there have been so many ups & downs over it ! We go with another family so the quarantine will destroy us and it will be difficult to re-book, so we are just riding this out in the hope that we can go. I hope the government are just doing it in an attempt to get people holidaying in the UK or to reduce the numbers travelling through airports, funny how you think when you want something hahaha
Absolutely! I’ve been trying to second guess every decision and make it fit what I want to happen too!
We were due to go at the same time as our friends too, albeit not the same flights. They’ve decided to move their holiday though. So silver lining for us if we move too is that we might all still be able to go together next year instead
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie40
Dancing with Tink'

Have you got a package with BA? Did you have to pay more to reschedule? We have booked with BA for 27th Aug, flight and hotel. The flights for August are not showing yet so just interested in how you rescheduled with it being so far away and how much more it’s costing. We don’t do the parks anymore so just waiting it out to see what happens. Balance not due until end of July. Thanks
Blondie40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blondie40 View Post
Have you got a package with BA? Did you have to pay more to reschedule? We have booked with BA for 27th Aug, flight and hotel. The flights for August are not showing yet so just interested in how you rescheduled with it being so far away and how much more it’s costing. We don’t do the parks anymore so just waiting it out to see what happens. Balance not due until end of July. Thanks
I do have a package with BA, flight and car, but haven’t rescheduled, yet anyway. Haven’t priced up any flights for next year either as we’d be looking to go sometime between end June and mid September so flights won’t be out yet.

At the moment we’re just waiting it out too. Hoping by July things are a bit clearer 🤞🏻

Feeling a bit more positive today. Going to get a fast pass plan made and a back up park day plan in case there’s no park hopping.
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Took the decision at the weekend to cancel our cancellable hotels.
I’m kind of on the fence as to whether we’ll get or not. I swing from being quite positive that it’ll happen to I can’t see how it can possibly happen.
We’ve still got our flights/car and a non cancellable hotel booked, so if we do manage to go then it’ll just be a case of rebooking some hotels.
And if we don’t go then at least some of the cancellations are done.
Felt really sad pressing the cancel button though in Hotels.com 😞
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've started to cancel bits like the airport hotel, alamo, car parking etc. Just waiting to see if WDW offer an incentive to rebook next year before we cancel - and we'll probably need to accept VA offer of a voucher/credit for next year as I would imagine the flight will still be going.
I keep looking at our Vacation Planner on here and feeling sad about it.

Once this is sorted I'll have to start thinking about DD and I trip to DLP in November, wonder what it will be like by then because DD is on the clinically vulnerable list. We've paid for flights for that too!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just had a look on the Virgin app out of curiosity and our flights have been changed to Heathrow, haven't had any email yet letting me know about this though. Also been moved to an earlier flight on the return which is not ideal either!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Our flights have just been changed too (no email). We have been moved to an earlier flight from 1pm to 10.50am. I’m not keen on the seat selection, but the flight looks full so I cannot change them. They have split our family up 2 & 2.

Our return flight (already indirect) has been pushed back from 7.30pm to 9pm out of JFK, but still on the same flight from MCO, so longer wait in transit now 🤦

Edited at 09:51 AM.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
Our flights have just been changed too (no email). We have been moved to an earlier flight from 1pm to 10.50am. I’m not keen on the seat selection, but the flight looks full so I cannot change them. They have split our family up 2 & 2.

Our return flight (already indirect) has been pushed back from 7.30pm to 9pm out of JFK, but still on the same flight from MCO, so longer wait in transit now 🤦
I can't access the seat map for our flight so currently can't view our seats, as far as I can tell I've still got the same seat numbers from the original flights but obviously this flight lay out can't be the same!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Do these flight changes mean that you can cancel or move free of charge? Or are they not significant enough?