Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 17 May 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

We are travelling on 28th September from Newcastle, originally it was 14th June but were able to change.
I am confident we will be going. We weren’t doing the parks this visit so don’t have to worry about the implications of that.
Fingers crossed 🤞
Old 17 May 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

I was booked for the 13th from Newcastle with TUI staying at Pop for 2 weeks. I was always confident that we would be going but that confidence waned over the past couple of weeks. In the end DW decided we were moving the holiday and that was that.

4.5 hours on hold over 3 phone calls and 2 days before I got through. I rescheduled for 1st May next year at Coronado.

Bought my tickets from Attraction Tickets.com and all ultimates have been extended until Sept 21 anyway so no bother there. It cost me £100 for TUI to amend and insurance would only give me a 50% refund.

I still think there is a decent chance you guys will get some sort of trip in September. What that will be like I have no idea but I would have gone.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Another September wannabe here!
Meant to be flying on 12th September with BA staying at Beach Club with dining.
We've already had the other Florida trip cancelled back in March just before we were meant to go At that time, we were more than confident that the September one would go ahead.
I have been quite positive about it happening up until recently, but now I see the chances slipping away week by week.

My hubby, however is currently on the positive end of the up/down 'Cycle of Hope' and has bought good quality face masks for our flight, which he currently believes may still go ahead...

Due to pay Disney balance quite soon, that will be the point decisions will be made - if they haven't already been made for us that is.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

We should have been there now, but pushed it back to 2nd September. We have a villa booked in Orlando for 10 days, then 10 days on Anna Maria Island. We weren’t planning on visiting any parks, although originally we had an ‘after hours’ ticket booked for MK.

I’m not too bothered about Disney restrictions, but I was hoping that a September visit would happen - although I’m not so sure now! If US borders open to international travellers by September, we will go. If not, we will write off this year and plan for next.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We still have our fingers crossed, at our isolated villa holiday, lounging around the pool, getting curbside from longhorns , don't know what we will do regarding our first watch fix.
On a positive note Norwegian is still looking ok'ish 👍
Fingers crossed for all of us 👍🤞🤞🤞
Old 17 May 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Due to fly 11/09 from Newcastle to Orlando via Dublin. Booked with BA, paid £350 deposit only staying at Universals Dockside (did it even open? ). Also bought HHN FFP from Attraction Tickets (paid in full, we have them in hand) and £10 each deposit for MNSSHP.

We had our annual passes which we were using for the trip we should be on now and would use again in September fully refunded by Universal as they were not activated yet.

I don’t expect to go. I am fully prepared to lose £350 deposit (unless BA cancel before final balance is due) and I will lose 20% from HHN tickets no doubt but it is what it is
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Currently we are booked to fly 30th Sept but hoping to change to 4th Oct (change of airports because of Gatwick/Heathrow thing). We have decided to move our onsite booking to next year and just do our villa stay if we can. If parks are back to normal we will buy Disney tickets nearer the time, if not we will have a relaxing holiday (if we get there at all).
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
16th BA out of Glasgow via Gatwick (?),1 week AKL with FD & then 2 weeks DVC at SSR, not even sure that we are going but optimistically hoping that it might go ahead but like you on a "wait & see"- We will not be going if it's going to feel like half a holiday, too much money for that scenario IYKWIM & we will be going next year anyway.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked to go to California on the 17th Sept. I was originally very optimistic but that has dwindled over the last week. Whats more annoying is that we have such a good deal for September, if we need to rearrange it will be for the end of March 2021 but looking over £1000 more for less days and a lower grade car

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Due to fly on the 11th with Virgin from Manchester to Orlando International. Flights and Bubble (will await the refund on that one!)are paid for, as is Car Parking and we have paid the deposit for the villa. At the moment we are currently holding off on buying anything else. The next decision to be made will be when the balance of the villa is due at the beginning of July
For what it's worth I have no doubt that the parks hotels and restaurants will be open. However whether the borders are open is a different matter, fingers crossed