Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 May 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMermaid
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I have to say, with all the people who have moved to 2021 I’m a bit concerned there won’t be free dining as they won’t see a need.
It depends on how many people have moved to next year vs opted for a refund - it'll look like a lot of people on here have moved to next year because (as my boyfriend says) we're all die hard mad head Disney fans.
Other people might have just booked because they thought it'd be nice for the kids. Without knowing the percentage of move to refund it'd be a hard call to make
MinnieMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMermaid View Post
It depends on how many people have moved to next year vs opted for a refund - it'll look like a lot of people on here have moved to next year because (as my boyfriend says) we're all die hard mad head Disney fans.
Other people might have just booked because they thought it'd be nice for the kids. Without knowing the percentage of move to refund it'd be a hard call to make
I know a few people due to go this year - all except one has either, or is looking, to move to next year.

Once any offer goes live it will be bedlam - those with bookings this year looking to move and those wanting to next year (us) looking to book.

I think availability for one reason or another could be severely limited.

Good luck everyone and stay safe
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

About 80-90% of Disney visitors are from the US and with US unemployment at about 25% at present I'd be surprised if Disney will be busy for a couple of years at least.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I have to say, with all the people who have moved to 2021 I’m a bit concerned there won’t be free dining as they won’t see a need.
Ironically if they don't bring in Free Dining they may well find a lot of those who have switched to 2021 who originally had Free Dining in 2020 end up cancelling if Free Dining doesn't appear to be added to their booking. The ultimate catch 22!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I just wonder how dining will even work in the new reality and if there will still be so many tables going forward, packed so close together? Won't Disney just be scratching their heads to find a way to make this work before they even think about launching free dining?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 01:25 PM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I just wonder how dining will even work in the new reality and if there still be so many tables going forward, packed so close together? Will Disney be scratching their heads to find a way to make this work before they even think about launching free dining?
I agree - how social will distancing will work is anyone’s guess. Which is why I don’t think that they’ll be operating at full capacity for some time to come! Which will affect availability etc etc etc
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Morning!
Been doing my daily check and for my dates 2021 the standard room is now available. Was surprised to see it’s £200 cheaper than the 5th sleeper option.
But I’m still just here not at all patiently waiting for free dining or something to be released 🙃
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Morning!
Been doing my daily check and for my dates 2021 the standard room is now available. Was surprised to see it’s £200 cheaper than the 5th sleeper option.
But I’m still just here not at all patiently waiting for free dining or something to be released 🙃
Caribbean beach resort for non mind readers!
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Morning!
What date is this for please?
Old 27 May 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What date is this for please?
It’s for 10th August 2021. We can go at any point in the summer holidays but for some reason this date keeps coming up as best price when I’ve been looking around.
It’s £4,840 including tickets for 2 adults and 2 children