Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by leee View Post
I like the idea of the date changes, is it the whole fare or admin is free but you have to pay the difference in flight price?

Also, you need to check how well you are covered for chargebacks and section 75 due to using your credit card via Paypal as there is now no direct link between you and supplier. Somebody with more knowledge will surely correct me if I'm wrong though.

Good luck.
You are correct, in fact credit card via PayPal reduces the level of protection. There is now no chargeback or section 75 cover, just PayPal protection, which is good, but not as good as chargeback / S75. Hopefully won’t be needed anyway.

Edited at 11:12 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

JUst looked at these - next year seems way cheaper than Virgins own website from Manchester (by a lot)

I was a little concerned with the *note under KLM Light - but didnt you confirm it shows up correctly when you Managed your flight in on Virgins site -

* This applies to flights operated by KLM or Air France. For other airlines, please check the airline's website for baggage rules

Seems to cheap to resist...

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

PayPal only give you protection 180 days after you have purchased (Learned this the hard way with concert tickets and tickets booked through FloridaTix) and by paying PayPal there is no direct link so you won’t be able to raise a chargeback or S75
I avoid paying with PalPal now unless it’s something I am due to receive quickly like eBay - it’s great for stuff like that but big purchases where you might need help over that 180 days the help is non existent.

However, you may not even need the protection as you have already pointed out

Edited at 02:50 PM.
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

The more you compare dates like for like with Virgin or Delta prices it seems obvious KLM for some reason are selling classic at light prices from MAN.. Not sure if its deliberate or they have programmed the prices by mistake (possibly because they dont have an equivalent "no checked luggage price") -- Your ocrrect though - I just did a ghost booking and the final documents produce a checked luggage invoice - if as you say this does produce the same details when you put your code into Virgin this is a great offer. Pity the Premium and First class dont have the same savings

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK

Edited at 03:39 PM.
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes I was dubious when I booked, but my seats are chosen and my baggage shows and it definitely states "Economy Classic"

I checked with KLM advisors via messenger that the current Covid cancellation and rebooking policy supercedes their usual policy for the "light" booking and it does. Ordinarily that class would not allow changes.

Shame about PayPal, I didnt realise you only had protection for 180 days. With the T+C's being what they are for changes I don't think I'll have any issues anyway. Serves me right for not checking! I'm usually not so lazy
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Couldnt resist at those prices - Booked this morning along with Caribbean Beach

Old 23 May 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hillcats
Excited about Disney

hillcats's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh, bad error... 🙁
I strongly suggest avoiding Paypal for the vast majority of transactions (eBay where forced too) as you’ve now lost the section 75 connection.
Also PayPal will certainly not be anywhere near what you’d consider as a ‘pal’ if anything goes wrong, it’ll be an absolute nightmare to deal with them when anything goes wrong!
Good Luck...

Edited at 04:58 PM.
hillcats is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m tempted by this for Easter. Are we 100% sure that you can change the destination and time? It’s far from clear and when I go on the Covid policy page it doesn’t even give a date you can change up until for example, and has some weird wording about seeing your ticket. I’d want this in writing but when I go to message all I get is a robot.
Old 24 May 20, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
glenn23
Proud to wear my Ears

I have booked for easter. Virgin covid policy is only until the end of this year for new bookings.
If i need to move my easter flight, i will likely have to pay an amendment fee
glenn23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by glenn23 View Post
I have booked for easter. Virgin covid policy is only until the end of this year for new bookings.
If i need to move my easter flight, i will likely have to pay an amendment fee
Yes OP is talking about KLM.

The wording is vague and flaky on the KLM website, perhaps deliberately, but if they do allow changes to the end of 2021 the deal I have seen may be one to take a punt on.