Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Google maps says 7 minutes to Starbucks, I think it would take me 10. Plus security in each direction.

I don't mind the walk from the Cheyenne but if I was paying for the Disneyland hotel it would be for the location. If I have to walk to the Disney Village I might as well save my money and stay at the Sequoia or New York.
don't you bypass security if you go from the DLH and parks to the Village? ie you go through security to get out of the Village at Annettes (to go to the train station and bus stops) and near Cafe Mickey for the lake and the other onsite hotels. I agree the DLH entrance is further than 3 minutes walk from Starbucks.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why is it more problematic for DLH guests - it's only a couple of minutes walk to Disney Village from DLH.
Exactly what Bev says below. You pay for the DLH for the location and being so close to the park, so being able to take advantage of being in the park at the very beginning of EMH etc (if that is what you want to do). To have to walk in the opposite direction for breakfast is just madness. Other hotels, not such an issue, as you can walk around the lake and through the Village.

Having said all that, many of the places serving breakfast in the Village don't open at 8 am at the moment anyway so it's an issue for everyone!

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Google maps says 7 minutes to Starbucks, I think it would take me 10. Plus security in each direction.

I don't mind the walk from the Cheyenne but if I was paying for the Disneyland hotel it would be for the location. If I have to walk to the Disney Village I might as well save my money and stay at the Sequoia or New York.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
don't you bypass security if you go from the DLH and parks to the Village? ie you go through security to get out of the Village at Annettes (to go to the train station and bus stops) and near Cafe Mickey for the lake and the other onsite hotels. I agree the DLH entrance is further than 3 minutes walk from Starbucks.
Yes, there's no security going outbound, only going into the Parks. But the walk also needs to include getting from your room out to the Village. Some rooms are located well as are near a 'side door' to reach the outside, some are not so convenient - sometimes it feels like 5 mins just to get outside!

Don't get me wrong, it's not a massive issue, but I do think it's more problematic for the DLH guests as they really only have the Park as a viable option for breakfast. Perhaps not such an issue if you were heading to the Studios first thing.

I am sure things will become clearer given time. I'm certain DLRP won't want to be losing out on any extra potential revenue they could wring out of people when it comes to breakfast options!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney are hoping you'll cave in and pay to have breakfast at your resort. If you don't then their view is : well that's your choice. There are ways around it. Bring stuff with you. You can buy milk and so on in the shop in the railway station.
They aren't going to change their proposals so you have to deal with it.

Edited at 10:11 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Disney are hoping you'll cave in and pay to have breakfast at your resort. If you don't then their view is : well that's your choice. There are ways around it. Bring stuff with you. You can buy milk and so on in the shop in the railway station.
They aren't going to change their proposals so you have to deal with it.
Agreed Geoff - nothing to stop you bringing stuff. But it's a little more problematic if you are flying though! Eurostar/driving is much easier. But without a fridge or somewhere to store stuff, it's not that easy, particularly for a family of 4 say!

You are right, they won't change their minds. But it's not really about that. I do think it might make some people stay offsite instead, so they may lose some custom. I know I was still wavering about going twice next year (DH wasn't keen), but I think this has definitely meant we won't be!

Just because they are implementing this, it doesn't mean people have to be happy with it... At the end of the day, no one likes paying more for less service.
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

it doesn't affect me to be honest, I often don't do breakfast when staying onsite anyway, and I can grab a coffee and a pastry in the parks or at the train station on the way in (and bring breakfast bars etc for the kids).

Breakfast being included in a room rate doesn't sway me either, I'm just as happy to stay offsite but nearby rather than onsite, if its cheaper to do so.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
it doesn't affect me to be honest, I often don't do breakfast when staying onsite anyway, and I can grab a coffee and a pastry in the parks or at the train station on the way in (and bring breakfast bars etc for the kids).

Breakfast being included in a room rate doesn't sway me either, I'm just as happy to stay offsite but nearby rather than onsite, if its cheaper to do so.
Actually, you know, based on what we had at SQL, it probably wouldn't bother me too much either. But, based on what we've had at DLH, I will miss it. But I think it's because of the way we did it - i.e. eating it as a brunch after EMH. We always felt the breakfast at DLH was special - not special enough to pay £23 each day though . We're still holding off booking despite the fact we know this is coming in (originally, my gut reaction was book now). Mum has said if we do stay in the DLH then we may do breakfast in there one day, and then Plaza Gardens another - that only leaves 2 days. We will consider SQL GF again though - although it appears to have dropped off the current offer and I think, with the announcement, it may be the end of Club level being in offers in the future tbh - bit like Castle Club.
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Agreed Geoff - nothing to stop you bringing stuff. But it's a little more problematic if you are flying though! Eurostar/driving is much easier. But without a fridge or somewhere to store stuff, it's not that easy, particularly for a family of 4 say!

You are right, they won't change their minds. But it's not really about that. I do think it might make some people stay offsite instead, so they may lose some custom. I know I was still wavering about going twice next year (DH wasn't keen), but I think this has definitely meant we won't be!

Just because they are implementing this, it doesn't mean people have to be happy with it... At the end of the day, no one likes paying more for less service.
You don't have to be happy with it -I never suggested that for a moment. I fear DLP is going down the path that is currently deterring me from going to WDW - namely - pay for this, pay for that on top of what you have already paid. I think with some creativity and maybe a travel kettle you can get around not paying for a breakfast but I'll be honest, here and now, it's not something I'd want to faff with. If you can sort pastries and maybe a drink in the room you can also eat something later in the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
You don't have to be happy with it -I never suggested that for a moment. I fear DLP is going down the path that is currently deterring me from going to WDW - namely - pay for this, pay for that on top of what you have already paid. I think with some creativity and maybe a travel kettle you can get around not paying for a breakfast but I'll be honest, here and now, it's not something I'd want to faff with. If you can sort pastries and maybe a drink in the room you can also eat something later in the parks.
I am in total agreement with you and I feel the same about WDW.

I fear there is a lot more 'squeezing' to come at DLRP yet...
Old 25 Sep 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Fair enough to those who stay at the DLH because of it’s closeness to the parks. For me DLP isn’t just about the parks. It’s about the hotel too. I love Sequoia Lodge and wouldn’t stay anywhere else. I love the theming, it’s so beautiful to walk around, both inside and out. One of my favourite things is drinking a cocktail, sitting on the decking area overlooking the lake after the parks have closed. The swimming pool is great to relax in either at the end of the day or for a break in the afternoon. I enjoy the walk to and from the parks past the lake, saying hello to the ducks, simple things like that.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread