Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 21 Jun 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile Returning the signed marriage license

We plan to get our licence during our 1st week when we have a car from the courthouse in kissimmee.
We will then be getting married during the 2nd week & the ceremony is being performed by my sister who is ordained.
As I understand we have 10 days after the ceremony to return the license signed by my sister. Am I correct to presume it goes back to the courthouse we got it from? And does my sister have to be the one taking it?
Thanks
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clrat25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Sorry, can't help I'm afraid, it was our notary who returned our licence. We were sent the certificate and 2 copies that we'd paid for in the post after we got home.
clrat25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our notary also returned ours but they did ask us if we wanted to return it ourselves so I'm sure you could do it yourself
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When we got married in 2005 we had a choice of either posting the signed licence back to the courthouse, and they would then post it to the UK, or popping back to the courthouse in person to get the final bit done.

We had a free day, so we went for the courthouse option.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Great thank you. We were hoping to leave the children with my sister & brother in law in Disney, returning the license & having a couple of hours child free shopping. Hopefully we can :-)
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So can someone in the uk who can do marriages . also do them in the US, or must it be a US recognosed officiant?

Only ask as contingency, as we have someone in out party who can do marriages in the UK, but we have someone booked in the US.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Not 100% sure but don't think they can.
If you want them you do it though they just need to be ordained. There's lots of options online & it doesn't take long.
Old 28 Jun 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

We returned ours ourselves a few days after our wedding to Osceola Court house. Pretty much the same process of getting it.
Turn up hand it over & pay for extra copies. They scan & stamp it up & Then got it handed back to us. Didnt take long at all but felt reassured knowing it was all done and dusted x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
We returned ours ourselves a few days after our wedding to Osceola Court house. Pretty much the same process of getting it.
Turn up hand it over & pay for extra copies. They scan & stamp it up & Then got it handed back to us. Didnt take long at all but felt reassured knowing it was all done and dusted x
Perfect, thank you! As simple as I'd hoped