Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Isabel and Camp America

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you so much for all the public and private messages of support from the Dibb family.

Sorry I haven’t replied to some of you personally.

Unfortunately Isabel became very sick last week and I was unable to manage her pain relief any longer alone so she was admitted to the Teenage and Young Adult unit, funded by the Teenage Cancer Trust, within Clatterbridge Cancer Centre.

They have been amazing here, and also at Claire House Children’s Hospice which is within the grounds, (who send a reflexologist over yesterday to give Izzy a wonderful foot massage!) Due to the nature of the unit, it is very family friendly and I am able to stay each night with her (which is her worst time, pain wise).

Whilst Isabel has been in, she has been able to have further radiotherapy on her pelvis, ribs and jaw and although this means lots of inflammation and pain initially, it’s hoped it will reduce it in the longer term and help us to manage it better ourselves at home. She is only a week away from her second session of immunotherapy now too.

The rest of the friends she made at Camp America finally returned home on Saturday - a particularly sad day for Izzy as she was in hospital instead of finishing her adventure with them. However, as a team they have got together and planned to do the 3 peaks challenge- in January on Isabel’s behalf, sharing the proceeds between Claire House and the Teenage Cancer Trust. Isabel is so lucky to have made so many good friends in her life, but this is extra touching, not only because it’s a difficult challenge - and in January, but the nature of the group means girls are travelling from 3 continents: America, Poland, Scotland and even Australia to participate.

Should anyone wish to support this cause, feel free to visit or share the link. (The photo on the title page was taken just last month on her last day at camp )

justgiving/crowdfunding/kittyswalk

Many thanks,

Amanda, Paul & Izzy xx

Edited at 05:16 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Sending you all lots of love xx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

No words can truly express my feelings. Isabel has been on my mind and I just want to send my love and support.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending big hugs to you all.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us on your lovely daughter, sending you and her all my positive thoughts and prayers.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

As a camp mum myself I just can’t imagine the change you have experienced this summer. From the excitement of sending her off to camp to the lows of her diagnosis.

Sending all our best wishes to you and Izzy.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sending you all lots of love. Sounds like you are surrounded by good people and lovely friends x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Sending all of you my love, my daughter was only asking this morning if I had heard how Isabel was doing, I do think about her often, so thank you for keeping us all updated when you can.

Thinking of you all and will make a donation.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a credit to her that she has such amazing friends. Hugs xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Every time I read your posts I am overwhelmed by your strength! Sending positive vibes and hoping for the best for you all.