Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have daily disposables and take 2 weeks worth in my liquid bag in my hand luggage. I wouldn’t want to risk being without them so would rather not leave them in the hold. I also make sure my glasses are in my hand luggage.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for your advice guys.
I’m trying not to over think things but glad to hear people taking them in the hold without issue
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

I take them in my hand luggage, never put in my liquids bag tho.
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

I have carried them in hand luggage and hold luggage. No problems with either!
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Amystefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I tend to wear specs for flying as I find the atmosphere to dry my eyes quickly making my lenses less comfortable and I’ve never had an issue with packing my daily disposables in my checked luggage- never been damaged or popped.
Amystefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I flew with my glasses on and packed my lenses in the hold luggage they were fine I didn't even think about them popping.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I’d be more worried about losing my luggage than lenses popping!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, my DH, DS and I all wear daily contact lenses. I'm paranoid about not having my lenses on holiday.
so... I take double the supply for each of us and split them across the hold suitcases so that if a suitcase goes missing we all still have lenses... and I also take double the supply in hand luggage split across the 3 liquid bags just in case all the suitcases go missing or are delayed...Our hols are usually for 2 to 3 weeks so that is a lot of contact lenses (I budget by buying them throughout the year) and have never had a problem with them in the liquids bags. Security don't bat an eyelid :-)

and yes this is probably over the top but I prefer to mitigate as many risks as possible!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

I always wear my dailies for flying and I used to be cabin crew! I just shove the spares in a suitcase and be done with it, never really given it any thought!
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I always take extra lenses with me on holiday but always in my hand luggage as I wouldn't want the risk of my suitcase going missing and not having lenses.

I have never put them in my liquids bag though and it's never been a problem.

During the flight I take them out and put fresh in for landing. That's not so much because my eyes get dry more that I can't be bothered putting my reading glasses to watch the in-flight movies as the screen's so close.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List