Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Sep 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Rhyger and Maxy - big hugs! And well done on getting them where they need to be! A big glass of wine is surely deserved this evening!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
Well I have left him! He seemed fine, no one else had moved in his flat yet- they must all be coming tomorrow but he was going down to a pizza party when I left. We had to walk to the library to get his student card and saw where his lectures will be so I think he is more confident where he is going. It was actually easier than I thought because he seemed to be ok! Although he looked much younger than the rest I think because he still only 17.

Yes and we bypassed the fruit and veg aisle too but bought plenty of noodles and pasta!
Only 17! How good that he seems fine especially as his flat mates haven’t moved in yet. I’m sure he will soon make some friends at the pizza party though, that’s a great way to spend his first evening.

Georgia will be close to a Tesco Extra when she moves in and says she is looking forward to buying reduced veggies. It sounds as if she may be the only student buying them 😀

I hope you feel ok and enjoy a relaxing evening.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
Well I have left him! He seemed fine, no one else had moved in his flat yet- they must all be coming tomorrow but he was going down to a pizza party when I left. We had to walk to the library to get his student card and saw where his lectures will be so I think he is more confident where he is going. It was actually easier than I thought because he seemed to be ok! Although he looked much younger than the rest I think because he still only 17.

Yes and we bypassed the fruit and veg aisle too but bought plenty of noodles and pasta!

Ahh Well done, glad your DS seemed ok and happy with everything. At least you know that he is eating tonight - at his pizza party!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We literally turned the corner from home this morning and hubby said he had a wobbly lip! That almost set me off but I managed to keep it together till the final hug, then a few tears but I wasn't too bad. I felt like blubbing into full blown sobs but thought ds would die with embarrassment! It's horrible isn't it but so exciting that they are starting their new adventures. Wine just opened and I'll raise a toast to you all 🍷
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

🍷 back.

In fact.

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
We literally turned the corner from home this morning and hubby said he had a wobbly lip! That almost set me off but I managed to keep it together till the final hug, then a few tears but I wasn't too bad. I felt like blubbing into full blown sobs but thought ds would die with embarrassment! It's horrible isn't it but so exciting that they are starting their new adventures. Wine just opened and I'll raise a toast to you all 🍷
When we left DS at the airport, I kept it together somehow until he went through security! I thinks wobbly lips are the order of the day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Mel - How is O getting on?
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
When we left DS at the airport, I kept it together somehow until he went through security! I thinks wobbly lips are the order of the day!
I know the feeling of them jetting off. Airport goodbyes are even harder than uni goodbyes, and you faced it as a 2 in 1. Well done for holding it together until he left xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Mel - How is O getting on?
I think he is loving it! He has met a group of friends - two in particular he gets on really well with but there is a group of them that meet up to eat! Tomorrow they have all organised their obligitory fitness assessment together

His classes started last Monday! It is a bit of an eclectic mix - mandarin, computer studies, critical thinking to name three! A lot of the compulsory subjects he got credit transfers for (was especially happy to finally get approval for his English credit on Friday!)

He is working hard - but he always has! He has even managed to do some washing! He sends me messages and photos daily and calls every few days but I do miss him terribly!

Only 6 and a half weeks till we go over

Index of my trip reports
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

That’s fabulous to hear how well O is doing, it must be so reassuring knowing that he has already made a couple of good friends and is enjoying himself.
Nice to receive your daily message/photos as well and 6 1/2 weeks will go very quickly.
I hope everyone shares how their children get on at Uni, this thread has been so helpful and supportive and I enjoy reading everyone’s updates.