Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Sep 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
We are in our 50's and got asked for ID in Coronado Springs, so yeah it does happen. When we took our daughter just before she was 21, we didn't let her drink. Have you seen the size of those policemen lol.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I did not know this. As young as 5!
Neither did I until I was checking the facts before posting.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My son was just short of 21 on our last trip but accepted he couldn’t have a beer. Both him and my younger daughter were usually with us when we were buying alcohol in Walmart/Publix etc and we never encountered any challenge nor on any previous trips either. My husband is mid 30’s (looks young too) and has not been ID’d on last 2 trips including frequently on Disney property although we always carry passports just in case. Sounds like a real mix of experiences.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Has anyone found this has become more common in recent years? I noticed when i last went 3 years ago i was asked a lot more then previous visits (used to go almost yearly).

Also, ive never been id'd in a liquir store over there! ?
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
That's a bit harsh, all she is doing is carrying out an instruction from her manager.
I’m pretty sure the manager meant everyone who looked under age! My mum looks 65 and is 65, a common sense approach would have been much better.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

Although it isn't an offence in this country to allow a five year old to have alcohol in their own home and under the supervision of their parents, you can still be prosecuted for neglect if there are any ill effects on the child. So, it's probably OK for them to have a little bit of the trifle at Christmas, but not OK to be given a drink regularly, or if they come to harm as a result of being intoxicated.
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm confused.com people are saying you need 2 forms of ID being epileptic I don't have a driving licence as I cant drive. Only my passport would they not accept just that
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
I’m pretty sure the manager meant everyone who looked under age! My mum looks 65 and is 65, a common sense approach would have been much better.
common sense is easy to call upon, but is not a truly valid point, and it also works both ways

Common sense would have been to carry at least some form of ID, when in a foreign country, to begin with
(common sense also says visitors should enquire about the laws and requirements of the country they visit)

common sense should have started with the guests carrying ID

and not carding someone because of how they look and your own guesstimate of their age, that's not called common sense, that's called discrimination

penalty for serving or selling alcohol to a minor is 2nddegree misdemeanor punishable by up to $5000 fine and/or up to 60 days imprisonment.

Edited at 08:01 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

At the end of the day it’s the law in the US, if someone wants to break it then they should be prepared to face the consequences.

I’m more than happy to show ID if asked irrespective of looking over 21, takes seconds to clarify
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
I'm confused.com people are saying you need 2 forms of ID being epileptic I don't have a driving licence as I cant drive. Only my passport would they not accept just that
You only need your passport its a legal document, you need two forms of id with a driving licence as its not recognised in the USA

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List